Tracking down a moved/closed car dealer - Phil P
At the beginning of February I discovered I had been mis-sold a used car warranty by a used car dealership, purchased back in October 2004. I queried it with them at the beginning of February on a Thursday, at which point they refuted the fact. On that day they mentioned they were moving premises, but didn't give a time frame and I stupidly didn't ask. Come the following Monday, their telephone & fax numbers were unobtainable and website had vanished.

I visited their premises a few weeks later (it's a long drive & I was busy with my wife giving birth to our 2nd child) to find an entirely new unrelated business there. The owner of the new business told me he didn't know what had become of the car dealership since he had leased the premises through an agent.

Having spoken to Trading Standards about the situation, they tell me they are unable to assist finding out what has become of the business.

I've tried umpteen searches through Google but it hasn't found anything useful, only links relating to their old site.

Is anyone able to offer any suggestions? If it's of any help I have their VAT number..

All help most appreciated!

----
PhiL
Tracking down a moved/closed car dealer - Ex-Moderator
e-mail me the details that you have and I'll see what can be turned up.
Tracking down a moved/closed car dealer - Onetap
Probably they were trading as a limited company, in which case you could get details of their registered office & names of the Directors from Companies House, for a small fee. If that is the case, then it's also likely that the company has gone into liquidation and you won't get anywhere.
Tracking down a moved/closed car dealer - davemar
I had a similar problem a few years ago with a car hire company who I hired a faulty car from, and they owed me money. They disappeared and according to the Companies House wensite (very handy!) went into liquidation. Therefore there was nothing I could do to get back what I was owed. It's a loophole in the law that seems to get exploited; rip a load of customers/victims off, then 'go bust', and start up another business with a mate as director. A pity no-one does anything about it.