Confess - how many of you do this? - Round The Bend
Driving to work this morning a car lurched across the road at me at a relatively slow speed. As I braked hard, I noticed that the cause was the driver putting his seat belt on after the car was in motion.

It something I've often observed and I can't understand why people can't put their belt on before they set off. I assume it's just habit??
Confess - how many of you do this? - Dynamic Dave
I must admit that I sometimes put my belt on after setting off. In fact I've only just done so in the last ½ hour. I reversed out of a parking space, saw that someone was waiting to go into said space in my mirror, and that there was also a large queue of cars waiting behind their car. He was blocking their right of way, so rather than delay them any longer I drove off and then fitted my belt afterwards.
Confess - how many of you do this? - LongDriver {P}
I only do this if I've just come out if a reversing manoevre or to clear the pump at a petrol station (after adjusting my hair, applying some lippy, lighting a ciggy, rummaging in my handbag and doing my eyelashes of course...)
Confess - how many of you do this? - LongDriver {P}
POINT: I was being funny. I am not a cross dresser (well, not in public anyway).
Confess - how many of you do this? - Ex-Moderator
I guess I do it if an amount of manouvering has been involved in getting the car out of where it was.
Confess - how many of you do this? - artful dodger {P}
Used to do this a lot as it probably saved a few seconds.

Now I have been cured by changing to a diesel engine. Now plenty of time to put seat belt on before starting up, whilst waiting for the glow plugs warm up.

Always reverse with seat belt on, as I used to have to park a large van on door mirrors alone. Current car is also easy to park as it has reversing sensors fitted.
Confess - how many of you do this? - PW
For too uncoordinated to be able to do this without crashing.

And loathe the sound of the Mondeos seatbelt warning alarm.
Confess - how many of you do this? - The Lawman
I do this all the time, usually when I have just spotted a police car. I am dreadful about belting up.
Confess - how many of you do this? - teabelly
Never drive off without the seatbelt on. Seat belt is on before any gear has been engaged, even if I'm being harangued at a petrol station because I haven't pulled away within 3 microseconds of getting into the car :-)
teabelly
Confess - how many of you do this? - L'escargot
A lot of people only wear seat belts because it is a legal requirement. Having seen a beltless driver with the steering column stuck in his chest I fitted belts to my car in 1965. By that time seat belt mountings were being built into new cars but wearing belts was not mandatory. Belts were much clumsier to wear in those days as well.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Confess - how many of you do this? - Conditional Identity
I did get in the habit of this a few years back - no idea why I did it, but I stopped after a few months.

My new Megane beeps like hell now if you drive off with fastening up, which would stop anyone from failing to do so. Doesn't do it in reverse though.
Confess - how many of you do this? - madux
I never forget. On the contrary, I even do it (by accident!) when driving from my supermarket parking-space to their petrol station!
It's been law for so many years now that it has become second nature.
What I can't believe is the number of people who wait until they get to end of their road before belting-up. Is this a conscious decision? Or are they just forgetful? (Oh sugar, I just plain forgot that we have had a seatbelt law since...(1979???).)
Confess - how many of you do this? - blue_haddock
I regularly move cars round the pitch without putting the seatbelt on and the warning buzzer really does annoy me. Whenever actually driving i usually start the engine, let it tickover whilst putting my belt on.
Confess - how many of you do this? - David Horn
I always put mine on while waiting for the glow plug light to go out. Never drive without it. However, I've been using public transport so much recently that I have to remind myself to put it on when travelling as a passenger in a car.