No car tax,no SORN,last day of month!!!! - livefortheday
I hope this helps anyone that is as inefficient as me. I have just realised it is the last day of the month and my untaxed off-road resto project has no SORN.

The tax ran out 1 month ago, so I am in line for an automatic fine from tomorrow.

Solution, rang 0870 240 0010 the DVLA number (difficult to get through to) and declared SORN over the phone. Helps if you have the car logbook as it asks for the number on the front.

Hope this helps someone!
No car tax,no SORN,last day of month!!!! - GrahamF1
I've called the DVLA once before (not sure on what number) and it was absolutely impossible. An automated service which insisted on repeatedly reminding you of your payment option, and no option to speak to a living person.

Maybe they've improved?!
I was getting desperate after the fifth attempt and getting the answerphone message that all 220 lines were engaged.

Persevered as it was my only option of avoiding a fine and got it sorted.

A penny saved is a penny earnt and all that!
No car tax,no SORN,last day of month!!!! - frostbite
Wait 'til you get your phone bill!

Those 0870 calls don't half cost a packet.
Great.....I must say living in a Capitalist society is infinately preferable to other options available in the World, but I am getting sick of everything I do, even if it is abiding by the law or getting my money from my account costing me money.

I think there should be a consumer charter where you can charge x pence per minute for waiting for banks, DVLA etc, etc. Seems fair? Why is our time worth less than theirs?
No car tax,no SORN,last day of month!!!! - Andy P
I think you can do this online - I paid for my road tax using this method - arrived two days later.

Andy