omega cutting out - trickynicky
My 1998 Omega Elite 3 litre has developed an interesting problem.
The engine runs perfectly, then cuts out as if the ignition has been switched off. No warning lights, and it won't restart until it has been standing for five minutes. It then starts as normal and runs perfectly for arond ten minutes, then it cuts again. Wait five minutes and all is ok for another ten minutes or so.
It's driving me nuts. Anyone got any ideas?

Nick
omega cutting out - Aprilia
Crank sensor?
omega cutting out - Rishab C
If you just switch the IGN on but don't start the car, does the EML light work? Usually orange with a pictogram of an engine with a spark on it.
Crank sensors are a common fault as above.
The EML light and everything else works exactly as normal.
I spoke to a guy last night who suggested that there is an ECU fault on omegas, astras and vectras which produces this symptom.
Anyone heard about this??
omega cutting out - SpamCan61 {P}
I haven't heard of such an ECU fault; probably worth asking over on the omega owners yahoo! group. I'm stumped.
Thanks I'll try them
omega cutting out - A Ferguson
It is probably worth trying to cure this by replacing the relay which controls the ECU. I had a very similar problem with a Mk3 Golf and after getting advice on this website at the beginning of this year, a replacement relay fixed the problem. The relay for the Golf was only £9.90 plus VAT!
omega cutting out - Railroad.
Crank Sensor as someone already said. Not a particularly easy job on these but they are as common as muck....