Car stereo code - Clive Chattell
I have a Citroen Xantia and need to know how to enter the code into the stereo.
I have the code but no manual, i've tried the obvious(press the numbered buttons) but nothing happens, also my code starts with a zero and there's no zero button
Re: Car stereo code - markymarkn
Although I'm sure a Citroen guy could help more...

most of the stereos I have used work on the idea that buttons 1 to 4 represent the 'column'

for code 13xx:

i.e. press button 1 twice to get 1 (0>>1)
press button 2 four times to get a 3 (0>>1>>2>>3)

and so on.

then usually hold a button like display or the band selector for a few seconds for it to authenticate the code.

Hope this helps

Mark.

p.s. Dont put it in wrong otherwise it may lock the system up for ages.
Re: Car stereo code - Pete
Wait 24hours and Citroen 'ace' David Woolard will read your post and rush to the rescue. A dealer should give you the gen - over the phone maybe.
Re: Car stereo code - David W
Thanks Pete.

Clive I will let you know later tonight assuming someone else hasn't got there first. There is a commonality between code setting but I get the book out every time to avoid guessing and locking the unit.

My Xantia book is out 'till about 9pm, I'll look in after that to see if you already have the info.

David
Re: Car stereo code - Darcy Kitchin
Wife's car still in pieces then David?
Snow White - David W
Well sort of Darcy.

And they've gone to see Snow White at the theatre so using the "posh" car!

SWMBO's visits the animals every night and does 1 mile down an unmade track, you can hardly see the door openings. Bit like when you helped that guy off the camping field.

David
Off-roading - John S
David

Sounds like she needs that LandRover to me......

And, how did you escape accompanying the youngsters to see Snow White?

Regards

John
Re: Off-roading - David W
Well that's the funny thing John.

Six weeks ago when the tickets were purchased I thought I said I would go with the little darlings. Then on Sunday when I was thinking "oh lovely it's Snow White tomorrow night (or something similar anyway)" SWMBO was looking at the tickets and mentioned the fact that it was a shame I didn't want to go and there wasn't one fdor me!

I had to steer that fine line between protesting I did really want to go and actually having her phone up for another ticket.

Ho hum, another evening reading Land Rover workshop manuals. As I mention it's so typical that this Christmas seemed an easy target for completion. Just going to miss I think.

But you are right, a Land Rover is what she needs.....as I keep assuring her.

David
Re: Off-roading - Mark (Brazil)
> But you are right, a Land Rover is what she needs.....as I keep assuring her.

But pink ?????

M.
Re: Off-roading - David W
I've had two cans of bright pink in the workshop for over a year, purchased to re-spray the eldest girls bike. Thankfully she has got a new bike without the paint being used at all.

Just as well, hate to think of posting here that I'd sprayed anything with wheels in pink.

Now what use is there for two cans of Hycote shocking pink, too much for a perpetual motion machine and not enough for a tank. Probably a regional thing and they'd go well at a boot sale up North. If only we had a contact......

David
Re: Off-roading - Sue
David W wrote:

> Just as well, hate to think of posting here that I'd sprayed
> anything with wheels in pink.
>
> Now what use is there for two cans of Hycote shocking pink,

Pity the chap who agreed to tow a shocking pink caravan from the South of France back to England before he'd been told what colour it was ...
Pink vehicles. - David W
Don't try and get out of it Sue, once you saw it you just had to keep it. Am I right?

David
Re: Pink vehicles. - Sue
David W wrote:
>
> Don't try and get out of it Sue, once you saw it you just had
> to keep it. Am I right?

I assure you, it was NOTHING to do with me until it was in the UK, squeezed into a back garden, and turned into an office for me! I guess it was an improvement on the garden shed which preceded it.

Getting it out of the initial garden and into our current garden was an experience not to be forgotten. I suppose blocking a 'polite' road with a shocking pink caravan for half an hour while you try to reverse it up a steep drive is one way to get to know the neighbours ...
Re: Off-roading - ladas are slow
its a shame about not having a contact, because i could just imagine a little turbo 3-wheeler going around in shocking pink.
Pink Paint - missed opportunity! - John S
David

Golden (well, pink anyway) opportunity missed here.

A bit of creative mixing of the pink paint to dull it down a bit, plenty of camoflage netting, a set of wide rims and sand tyres, put the spare on the front, a few hours in the workshop mocking up the machine guns and bingo, one pink panther!

Should cause a stir at the local Sainsburys, and think about pointing a machine gun at the tailgaters. Hours of harmless fun!

Regards

John
Re: Pink Paint - missed opportunity! - ian (cape town)
Volkswagen here, in the 80s, produced a CitiGolf (Golf 1, with no frills at all) in a variety of funky colours, with white bumpers and lower doors - and one of them was pink.
Sold very well, and you still see them on the road.
Clive,

Sorry this has wandered all over, we've all far too much time on our hands.

I need to know the model of your stereo 2030/3030/4030?

David
Actually Clive it might be easier to tell you to follow markymarkn's advice for number input then press 6 to validate.

That works for the 3030 & 4030 models. Come back to me if you have a 2030.

David
Re: Car stereo code - Brian
We've got a grey speed camera too close for comfort which the Council can't afford to repaint (even after someone torched it so it is black on the burnt bits).
It would look quite fetching in pink. I might even do the job for free. But I would mention that when I paint the windows at home I DO have a job keeping the paint off the glass!
;-o)