Dual Fuel Vauxhall Vectra - John Bullen
Dear All,

I have a dual fuel Vauxhall Vectra that has developed the habit of simply cutting out when driving along quite smoothly. When this happens I simply coast to a halt, immediately re-start and off I go again.

Quite often, but not always, when this happens the light on the dash indicating an electrical fault in the engine electronics stays on (when this happens you can't rev above 4,500 without it being awfully rough). However, in the moring all seems to be well again until once again we go through the same tiresome cycle.

Is there any chance that simply disconnecting and reconnecting the battery will re-set the brain on the car and solve the problem or does it sounds a bit more omminious than that.

I guess I'm asking whether anyone has experienced these problems before and what was the solution - I'd appreciate any helpful tips,

John
Dual Fuel Vauxhall Vectra - Dynamic Dave
Does it happen only when running with LPG, or with petrol as well?
when this happens the light on the dash indicating an electrical fault
in the engine electronics stays on (when this happens you can't rev above
4,500 without it being awfully rough).

Generally the "I can't rev above 4500rpm" fault is related to the camshaft sensor, or the crankshaft sensor - or sometimes both. A lot of the time this can be cured by simply removing the electrical plug to the sensor, cleaning the contacts and refitting.
Dual Fuel Vauxhall Vectra - Aprilia
Does sound like the crank or cam sensor, although I am not quite as optimistic as Dave is about the cure.
Dual Fuel Vauxhall Vectra - Dynamic Dave
although I am not quite as optimistic as Dave is about the cure.

OK, maybe I should have said "sometimes", rather than "A lot of the time"