Passat Headlight Condensation - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
After considerable dismantling to get to the offside headlight, 2002 model Passat , I found that the domed rubber cover was missing from the rear of the dipped beam bulb, allowing condensation to occur in the lens.
I dried out the headlamp with a hair dryer and made a temporary replacement cover.Hope it is now OK -but can these covers be bought separately?
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Passat Headlight Condensation - GrahamF1
Try German and Swedish or a scrappie.

As a last resort, the main dealer - though I couldn't say if this part can be bought without the whole headlamp. Either way I wouldn't like to see their price.

These covers are just pushed on and can come loose fairly easily. Why not root around beneath the air filter box and see if it isn't lodged down there somewhere - or even caught on the engine undertray? With the size of that part, it's difficult to imagine how it could fall out of place and find it's way right down to the road.
Passat Headlight Condensation - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Thanks.I did look- but accessibility/visibility is pretty poor.Will have another try later on.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Passat Headlight Condensation - bert-j
One of mine fell off and was 'caught' by the undertray. I had to remove the undertray to retrieve it. The undertray comes off quite easily but you need the front of the car on ramps to get at the various bolts and screws.
Passat Headlight Condensation - GrahamF1
But try putting it on 'home use' ramps without scratching the bottom of the bumper!

A neat trick is to place a brick immediately in front of each ramp. The tyre then mounts the brick and 'drops onto' the ramp a little further up - allowing you to avoid that point where the tyre is just about to mount the ramp and the bumper has already contacted the ramp further up.

It can be a dicey business driving it onto those home ramps. If my trolley jacked lifted high enough then I'd jack it up and put the ramp underneath the airborne wheel!