"Some mail order company" - be warned - steve
I ordered a battery conditioner and a car cover from deleted in early December. I heard nothing and in January I tried to contact them by email and phone. No response to email or phone messages. So I sent an email cancelling the order. Today (three months later) I received the car cover complete with credit card slip - "card holder not present".
I have bought another cover elsewhere in the meantime so do not need this one. I have written to them asking for a refund and asking them to collect the cover; based on previous experience I do not expect a fast response.
Be warned.
"Some mail order company" - be warned - mfarrow
If it's mail order I think you have a 7-day cooling off period during which you can send the cover back whether it's faulty or not. Remind them off this legislation.

www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/calitem.cgi?fi...t

is the page you want, scroll down to "Your right to cancel, or the 'Cooling Off' period".
"Some mail order company" - be warned - Dynamic Dave
Steve,

Having been a member since Wed 8 May 2002, I would have thought you would be aware of our no name-shame policy by now. All company names removed.

However, I'll let the thread remain in case anyone else besides 'mfarrow' can offer you advice on how to obtain a refund.

DD.

"Some mail order company" - be warned - andymc {P}
Visit www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/guides_to/buyingonline/ then scroll down the page and click on "Cancelling an order" for a letter template that is easy to amend. Strongly suggest sending by recorded delivery so they can't say they didn't get it.
--
andymc
Vroom, vroom - mmm, doughnuts ...
"Some mail order company" - be warned - Stuartli
Under the distance buying legislation you can return an item within a period of seven days for any reason whatsoever and receive a refund - unless the goods are faulty or incorrect then the return is at your expense.

However, unless you stated at the time of ordering that "Time is of the essence", then the delay in supplying the goods is unlikely to be taken into account for any other purpose.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by