Euro breakdown cover - greenhey
Can anyone recommend a Euro break down cover policy ?
I have a pretty straighforward Vectra and am planning 8 days in France in July , if the difference is not too great I would consider annual cover .
I've done some looking on the web already and discovered that fro what appears to be the same level of cover the RAC charge £46.55 comapred to a not-known insurer who want £28!
Euro breakdown cover - Altea Ego
I always go with the AA or RAC. Usually AA 5*. You really dont want to find out what your cheap cover lacks or is missing when sat by the road with broken car and broken people.
Euro breakdown cover - paul swindon
Hi there, I use >more than, if I remember, the annual cost including foreign travel for me was £61.
Euro breakdown cover - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Anyone recommend a combined or separate ill health/vehicle breakdown policies?
Going to France for 3 weeks in the Summer.
I usually have to take out two separate policies after a long search, which is a bit tedious.
AA will not even quote me for either due to existing health problems.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Euro breakdown cover - wemyss
I should try your own bank first. Some of them do excellent deals for customers. I think Lloyds and Bank of Scotland (or Royal) were doing some excellent deals some months ago.
Incidentally my worldwide travel insurance with HSBC for myself and wife is £87.00 annually and doesnt increase when you reach 65 which I was grateful for...
Euro breakdown cover - wemyss
If you get no joy there...I insured with Journeywise for several years and that used to be £50.00 per annum for the cover described above.
www.journeywise.co.uk/
alvin
Euro breakdown cover - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
The above firm seems to exclude pre-existing medical conditions. The sudden worsening of which is exactly why I'd need the insurance. I note they do guarantee to cover for a single trip so might be worthwhile enquiring.

Also will want vehicle breakdown cover - surely that will not be linked to my health- any ideas?
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Euro breakdown cover - PhilW
Direct Line?
Don't use it for breakdown cover but do have health cover for continental travel with them and I don't remember any really testing questions or restrictions.
Don't forget to update your E111 while about it - new ones required as from 1/1/05.Would give you a link to the form on the web, but the one I used was the old out-of-date one!! Just pop into your post office with your NI number.
Euro breakdown cover - rp
Although I didn't pay for it, I can recommend the service that I got from Monidal as part of the BMW owner service.

After a problem in the wilds of France, we ended up three way conferencing the dealer, their bilingual operator and me in order to sort out a problem with xenon headlights, so heartely recommend them.

Not sure if they do short term stuff, but would certainly never have managed to sort things out on my own, so would definitely recommend everyone has this sort of cover.
Euro breakdown cover - Armitage Shanks {p}
If you take the top level of UK recovery service from the CSMA (about £75) they will give you unlimited Europe cover which they say is worth over £100. CSMA run Britannia Rescue