Range Rover P38A Hub replacement - Craig_1969
I need some advice about my hubs on my MKII Range ROver. When I go round a right hand bend there is a distinct vibration from the front nearside wheel. Left hand bends have no effect.

I suspect the hub. These are pressed into the housing which bolts onto the end of the axle, this is a one piece design which is significantly simpler than the MKI design.

I can pick up a 60k 1998 axle off an engine dead P38A for £250, which should be ok (fingers crossed) and take my discs off and swap the housings over. I did a full disc and pad change at the weekend and it doesnt look too tricky a job. Alternatively I could replace the whole axle I suppose.

Or should I get a garage to remove the bearings and replace them, for this you need a decent press. The bearings are only about £60-70 per each.
Range Rover P38A Hub replacement - Claude
I suggest you put this query on the LRO website. www.lro.com/nav?page=lroi.message.list§ion=MES...D

and select Rangerover. You'll find masses of stuff on the P38a and you ought to get a good response on your query.