Audi Cabriolet 2.6e - Matt
I am planning on travelling 180 miles tomorrow morning to buy this car. I would be hugely grateful to anyone for anything to look out for on these cars and problem areas. If you have any experience with these cars please let me know what they're like and whether it looks like I've found a good deal. I will be given an HPI gold check and it has full Audi Service history. I am buying from a garage so what warranty should I get as standard?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

here are the details:

Make
Audi

Model
2.6 E

Deritive
cabriolet

Price
4750.00 - they'll take £4K

Body Style
Convertible

Gear Box
Manual

Fuel Type
Petrol

Engine Size
2600cc

Colour
Dark Blue

Mileage

Year
M95

Description
dark metallic blue,with silver leather,full electric pack,cd/cassette,on board computer,boost gages and timers,climate control,airbag, FASH, 1 lady owner was used as a weekend carn,in absolute stunning condition throughout,ideal for summer fun

Audi Cabriolet 2.6e - Avant
140,000 miles is quite a lot for a 'weekend car'- although that could suggest it had done mainly long trips. Or if I read your post literally, it was the lady who was used at weekends....

For £4K you could have a bargain provided the reason for sale isn't a whole lot of parts about to wear out. You may be lucky to get any form of warranty for a 10-year-old car but no harm in trying.

Good luck!
Audi Cabriolet 2.6e - Matt
Thanks "Avant". I bought the car with a few known problems and got a good price. On the whole, the major mechanicals seem wonderfully smooth and tight but there are some niggling electrical faults that I need to fix. I have posted them in the technical section and would be enormously grateful for any advice or help. Many thanks in advance.

Matt