Volvo S80 Engine cut out problems - Lightshade
I have a Volvo S80 2.4, 2000 with 132K on the clock..for the past 3 months I have been having a problem with the engine cutting out. This normally happens when I slow down, say coming to a set of traffic lights, or pedestrian crossing or when I hit the brakes suddenly.
Sometimes the car behaves normally like there is nothing wrong I could drive it for days without cutting out, but sometimes it cuts out.
I have also noticed that sometimes the idling struggles a bit even when the car is not moving. I can see the rave counter drop down almost to 0 and then it picks up again.I have also noticed that when the engine is idling there is a click sound that happens sporadically especially when the rave counter is very low.
The first time this cutting out problem happened I took the car to the dealer. They ran a diagnostic check on it and they told me that the car was fine, they didnt find any errors on the computer. They actually told me i was being too picky because cars do that sometimes..(cutting out)
Does someone have a Volvo S80 or has anyne experienced similar problems. Any advice.
Volvo S80 Engine cut out problems - Stargazer {P}
See a thread in the technical section (where this may well get moved to by the mods) on V40 electrical funnies. Very similar problem.

StarGazer
Volvo S80 Engine cut out problems - adverse camber

Have a look on the owners club board as well:
www.volvoclub.org.uk/dc/dcboard.php
consider posting in the v70 forum (same engine but more people looking than the 80 forum)

Have you had it into the dealer to get the fault codes read ?

thoughts - ets module or maf ?
Volvo S80 Engine cut out problems - Lightshade
"...See a thread in the technical section (where this may well get moved to by the mods) on V40 electrical funnies. Very similar problem...."

thanks..can u tell me what page the thread is on or can u place u place a thread here coz i can't find the thread..thanks again..
Volvo S80 Engine cut out problems - Dynamic Dave
thanks..can u tell me what page the thread is on or
can u place u place a thread here coz i
can't find the thread..thanks again..

Click on "Forum Search" (it's on the RH side of the page, directly under where you log in/out)
Volvo S80 Engine cut out problems - Stargazer {P}
OK, took me a little while as I remebered the thread title incorrectly and under my old handle, but here it is:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=4477&m...e

StarGazer
Volvo S80 Engine cut out problems - keo-the-dog
i like the idea of a rave counter especially in a volvo...cheers...keo