Corsa Power Steering - Philj
My daughters 1998 1.0 Corsa has developed stiff steering in one direction. I have been told this is probably the electric steering unit.

Q1 Is this a very big job to DIY? Any special tools Required?

Q2 Is it worth trying to obtain a steering unit from a breakers, as I here this is a very expensive part.

Thanks in advance
Corsa Power Steering - Aprilia
This is essentially a 'non-servicable' part. You could try a breakers, but obviously try to avoid a unit that's come off a car with heavy frontal impact.
Corsa Power Steering - Schnitzel
Try calling...

www.autovaux.co.uk/ (phone even if not in online shop)
www.vauxhallspares.co.uk/
www.allvox.co.uk/

Good luck.
Corsa Power Steering - elekie&a/c doctor
This is a known fault on Corsa models.Unfortunately it is very expensive to fix with new parts (over £600).This fault is usually caused by wear in the steering angle sensor which is screwed to the underneath of electric steer power unit .It may be worth a try re-adjusting it.Undo 2 8mm hex screws & just turn a fraction & see if this improves .Locate the sensor by following the black sleeved cables with a 4 pin connector attached.
Corsa electric power steering - Philj
I am going to change the electric power steering unit on my daughters 1.0 litre corsa. Any tips, does the dashboard have to be completly removed? How is the ignition switch seperated from steer unit?
Thanks in advance Phil
Corsa electric power steering - Deryck Tintagel
No, the dash does not need to come out but you will need to remove the lower trim and column shroud.

I can probably get some information on removing the system if it is of help but will need to e-mail to you.