Peugeot 206 Cutting Out - OrtonMark
Hi,

My sister's Pug 206 keeps on cutting out at 70mph which is hair-raising to say the least especially in heavy traffic on the motorway.

The engine just goes completely dead. The dealer has been unable to trace the fault but has replaced the fuel pump, filters,and the entire exhaust system as he said the cat had completely packed up.

The car is 5 years old and has done 80k. I'm sorry but I don't have anymore information than that.

Does anybody have any idea as to the cause?

Thanks in anticipation for your help.

Mark
Peugeot 206 Cutting Out - Civic8
Need more info.when you say it cuts out.I know you said regular.Ie is battery able to start it again after the failure.or does it need a booster/charging.to start again.It sounds more like an electrical problem than fuel exhaust?
--
Steve
Peugeot 206 Cutting Out - Wales Forester
This seems to be a known issue which was featured on BBC Watchdog in December 2004.

www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/reports/transport15.shtml

PP
Thanks Peter for your help this is great.
I'm sorry I don't have much more info but thanks for your help. It seems that it just stalls but when she pulls over to the hard shoulder the car will start perfectly.
Peugeot 206 Cutting Out - storme
A mate of mine at work had this with his S reg 206..
i recommended a good tune up from a mobile tuner that i know..

the tuner did a bit of this and a bit of that,,cleaned this and that,,played with this and that....no help whatsoever i know...

but now his car seems fine,,he is happy with me,cause it now works fine..
dunno what to say,,,basically check everything......

personally,,,,,,,,,,,,
i reckon a cable or lead is oxidising,,over a period of time,,then when they get pulled about,,it removes the oxidisation..so it works again for a while...

and so starts the cycle again.
Peugeot 206 Cutting Out - madf
I understand there may be a persistnet problem with the lambda sensors . Try chnaging it: relatively cheap. reputed to last 30k miles...

madf