5k oil changes when under warranty - misterp

Do these have to be done by the dealer or is it OK to take to your local guy. I am facing about a £60 bill off my Toyota dealer for this indugence. Can there be any comeback wrt the 3yr warranty if a genuine toyota filter and the correct spec oil are used??
5k oil changes when under warranty - trancer
If using a genuine Toyota filter, how is the main dealer garage going to know?. Unless they don't use genuine filters or mark theirs somehow.
5k oil changes when under warranty - blue_haddock
As long as you use a genuine filter there shouldn't be a problem, just keep the receipts for the work seperate to your service book.
5k oil changes when under warranty - Civic8
Unless they specify in writing.You can not take to local garage.Or its specified in terms/conditions.You can.
Apart from that.Usualy warranty states any repairs/servicing is carried out by authorised dealer.Unless stated otherwise.Any work carried out by unauthorised garage voids any warranty..
--
Steve
As long as you use toyota approved parts at a VAT registered garage you will not void the warranty.

So buy a genuine filter and use oil of the recommended type the warranty will still be OK.

5k oil changes when under warranty - Civic8
You didnt mention whether this is authorised by Toyota?.Ps havent looked into it so not certain?
--
Steve
Yes this is totally above board and i believe it is now the same for virtually all manufacturers due to a change in block exemption rulings meaning the manufacturer can no longer insist on you having work by main dealer to keep warranty in tact but work must be done using approved parts.