Alarm problem - Fiat Coupe - BazzaBear {P}
When I use my key fob to set the alarm on my car it locks the doors, but then they straight away unlock again, and I have to lock them with the key. The fob unlocks the car without a problem.
Does anyone have an ideas as to the cause of this, and what I can do about it?
Alarm problem - Dynamic Dave
Car?
Alarm problem - Adam {P}
Ooh ooh! I know that one.

Alfa 156 unless of course he's gone ahead with the Fiat Coupe.

Sorry for butting in but he may get a quicker answer this way.
--
Adam
Alarm problem - Civic8
Could be a faulty actuator..But as no mention of what car.Could be wrong?
--
Steve
Alarm problem - BazzaBear {P}
Sorry, car is a Fiat Coupe {added to subject header. DD}(very good Adski, but the old one was a 145, not 156 ;) )

I have more pertinent info now though.
The Fiats door locks, from the inside, work from a switch on the dash. this switch is displaying the same problem, so it looks like it is a lock issue, not an alarm one.
I have a theory, dunno what people think of this:

The reason this is happening is that the electric motor operating the lock is struggling because it has become harder to lock. My guess for what has changed would be that the drivers side door has dropped slightly (hard not to jump to that conclusion given the size and weight of the doors).
Does that sound feasible? And, more importantly, does it sound expensive?
Alarm problem - Adam {P}
Sorry. The Cloverleaf? I'm thinking of ND. Dont' know why!
--
Adam
That's the one Adam, I'm flattered to be remembered!

Cheers Steve, hadn't thought of that possibility.
It's hard to say, having only had the car for a few days, but locking with the key it feels slightly stiff too, which is why I jumped to my conclusion.
I have oiled the lock mechanism, and the last time I left the car it did work correctlt, so it may end up just being down to that.
I will keep you all posted of any findings!
Alarm problem - Civic8
Being as it works manualy.Would think control unit not working correctly.May be wrong?
--
Steve
Alarm problem - trancer
Don't think the door dropping would have anything to do with locking difficulty. A dropped door might be harder to open or close, but once closed and located on that door jamb dooberry (official Italian term) then any droop would be removed. It could just be the actual locking mechanism (rods and pivots etc)that is seizing up or lacking lubrication or an actuator motor on its way out.
Alarm problem - Altea Ego
You *did* keep the alfa for emergencies didnt you? ;)
Cheers for the advice people, and thanks trancer what you say does make sense.
As it happens, I oiled the locks on both doors last night, without much hope of it helping at all, but it does seem to be working fine now (touch wood). That's worked out a lot cheaper than I expected!
RF: You still haven't told me why I should have called the Coupe Milly! Probably best take that conversation back over to the names thread though...