i was thumbing thru the autotrader last - derek
i was thumbing thru the autotrader last night i like to see what you can get for your money

in the under £1500 section, you can actually get s and t registration cars isnt that amazing!!
and
the ml mercs are at 10-12000 now, they are a bargain arent they, how can people go for a gasket chewer(freelander) when they can have one of those on the drive for the same money.(private reg on it and who knows how old it is??))

also i sold my corsa, some of you may remember alot of people poured scorn on it a k reg 35000 miles red one i sold it for 825 after having it a year and making £520 on it
i was thumbing thru the autotrader last - Truckosaurus
I was discussing just this topic with a colleague yesterday, he's just bought an Audi A6 of P-reg vintage (1997?) for a couple of grand. It's done 130k miles but is in top notch condition with leather etc.

We came to the conclusion that the majority of buyers at this end of the market are looking for the cheapest running costs possible, so will mainly be looking for small cars such as the Corsa mentioned above.
i was thumbing thru the autotrader last - derek
the s and t reg cars were 106.s and i was amazeed their was a new shape punto in there as well for 1500
i was thumbing thru the autotrader last - Bill Payer
I was discussing just this topic with a colleague yesterday, he's
just bought an Audi A6 of P-reg vintage (1997?) for a
couple of grand. It's done 130k miles but is in
top notch condition with leather etc.
We came to the conclusion that the majority of buyers at
this end of the market are looking for the cheapest running
costs possible, so will mainly be looking for small cars such
as the Corsa mentioned above.

I know we've been through this before but it's such a gamble - my FIL had exactly that car (130K mile A6 ownwd from new and in beautiful visual condition. He recently had to dump it as the auto box failed and fixing it was going cost a similar amount to the cars value.
i was thumbing thru the autotrader last - Thommo
Vista,

May be too late but if he's still got the car try King Autos in Epsom (01372 728769) for a sensibly priced refurbished box.
i was thumbing thru the autotrader last - Bill Payer
Vista,
May be too late but if he's still got the car
try King Autos in Epsom (01372 728769) for a sensibly priced
refurbished box.

>>
Thanks, but it was a couple of mths ago now. The auto box was the final straw after a couple of chunky bills for suspension/brakes and an engine oil leak. He p/x'd it for a nearly new car (Nissan Almera!) but with the discount he could have got anyway he more or less gave away his car.
i was thumbing thru the autotrader last - frazerjp
Have you ever looked on ebay? Thats where i think you can expect to find bargains, if ya brave enough!!