Vectra service intervals - greenhey
I bought a year-old 2.2 diesel mid-December , mileage 9500.Overall, pretty pleasing but for one thing.
Reading through vehicle documents I discover some Vectras have a 1-year or 20k miles service interval, others 2 years or 30k.
But it doesn't explain which cars are which.
Now I'm anxious to do the right thing so as not to risk the 2nd and 3rd year warranty.
So I call Vauxhall ( previous owners of the car) , with VIN number,etc .
They can't say . They say the dealer can tell- but I have to book it in anyway to find out. So I book it in.
The dealer services the car anyway , cost £140. Says it needed it.
Today, a few weeks later , I happen to press the mileage trip button before starting the car .A light comes on on the dash, which I haven't seen before ,which shows service due at 30k miles .
What was probably a good idea originally turns out to annoy the hell out of the customer.
Vectra service intervals - Marc
I understand it that all Vectra C (new shape) are on EcoService Flex (I think that's the correct name)

The car is due a service when the spanner symbol appears in the display under the rev counter. It usually gives you some warning by way of diminishing numbers. I ran mine for three weeks over Xmas with the light on every time I started up.

However, the car must have a service at 20k or 2 years, whichever comes first, if the service light does not appear before this time.

If you hold the trip button in, the display also tells you when the next service is due (in your case at 30k, in 20k time - this however may decrease in time due to deterioration of your oil)

At a year old with only 9.5k on the clock I would hazard a guess that yours wasn't due yet, especially as the service light hadn't come on. Mine ran to 17k in 16 months before the service light came on
Vectra service intervals - Robin Reliant
Since my days of nursing the camshaft on a Capri (notorious for premature wear, 3000m oil changes advised) I have always been meticulous about regular oil changes, a view since backed up by HJ and the techies on this site.

Unless you change the oil yourself between services, 20 or 30K with the same sludge slopping round in the sump is not condusive to a healthy engine. The service at 9.5 was money well spent.
Vectra service intervals - Marc
Agreed...If you plan to keep the car long term

For a simple oil change however I would not be spending c. £150 at a VX main agent for a "first service" , more like £20 at National Tyres
Vectra service intervals - Dynamic Dave
Reading through vehicle documents I discover some Vectras
have a 1-year or 20k miles service interval, others 2 years
or 30k. But it doesn't explain which cars are which.

Suggest you re-read the manual:-

"Maximum oil change interval for oil grade GM-LL-A-025 or GM-LL-B-025 - Engine code Y 22 DTR, Max. 2 years or 30,000 miles"

However,

"A maximum of 1 litre of ACEA quality engine oil can be added before the next oil change without reducing the oil change interval. See adjacent table for quality classes. If more than 1 litre must be added, the oil change interval for petrol and diesel engines is reduced to 1 year or 20,000 miles (30,000 km), see adjoining table. The service interval display should then be disregarded. Engine code Y 22 DTR, 1 year or 20,000 miles"

In short, if you've topped up the engine with a litre or more of oil since the last service, then ignore the interval display light and the "1 yr or 20,000 miles" rule applies.

Taken from the on-line manual from the Vauxhall website:-
vauxhall.co.uk/media/ownersManuals/Cars/Vectra/Vec...f
Pages 255 & 256.

My dealer advised me to stick to 1 yr / 10,000 miles (whichever comes sooner) for my 2.2 petrol Vectra, although it is meant to be 2 yrs / 20,000 miles. They told me a lot can go wrong in 2 years without any maintenance.

On the flip side, (not sure if this applies to other cars, but it's been mentioned here before) that changing the oil on a Vauxhall diesel too early can cause problems where oil consumpsion increases because the oil first used helps in bedding in the engine. Change too early and the cylinder bores *can* glaze up.
Vectra service intervals - Dynamic Dave
HJ,

I was told that Vauxhall had modified the oil feed to the cam chain to help *prevent* it from happening anymore.