Loose steering wheel skin - Pug 306 - AndyBinLboro
Just picked myself up a second hand wheel from a 306 XSi to replace the knackered one in my 306, which the surface of has died totally.

However after picking it up and getting it home - i found to my dismay that the rim cover is loose in the top half of the wheel around to where the spokes join it half way down the wheel. I cant be bothered to take it back as its in good condition apart from this. Anyone got a good way to re-adhere the rim outer to the rim inner?
Anyone got any words of wisdom?
bttt
Loose steering wheel skin - Pug 306 - Civic8
Would think you need to find one in good condition..Not heard of repaired ones. Or even tried.Sorry
--
Steve
Loose steering wheel skin - Pug 306 - Peter D
If you mean the skin i.e. the outer and the dense underfoam is moving on the steel inner then I have successfully fixed this type of prob by using a surgical syringe and injecting small amounts of superglue into the cavity between the steel and the rubber then patching a small peice ( very small )of insulation tape over the pin hole 6 or 8 then binding the wheel covering up using unsidedown insulation tape ( so it does not stick to the wheel outer ) and left it an hour. Problem solved, but be it at your risk. They do have releasing agents at most A and E's and they can probably get the steering wheel out of your hand. Regards Peter
well i might have a go at something like that then! Someone else yesterday suggested i slit the covering and use something like no more nails as its a bit flexible when dry - so it wont shear again but will hold it firmly? Not sure which would be best to try.

Andy