Laguna Vibration - Manners
I have recently bought a 52 Laguna 1.9, It has just had it's 36,000 service. When the engine hits just over 1000rpm there is a very loud, and worrying, vibration this vibration subsides as soon as it passes this point. This vibration is at its worst in slow moving traffic when the engine is constantly at about this speed.

Is this normal or is there some underlying problem?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Laguna Vibration - Altea Ego
I have a 53 1.9.

Is this a noise? or a vibration you can feel.

If its just a noise then a lot of them do it. The demo car I drove did this as well. (mine does not yet?)

On the one I heard it sounded like a loose heat shield or plastic engine cover. It seems to be quite common so the Renault dealer should know about it. I dont think its a serious ~"oh my god the engine will self destruct" problem.
Laguna Vibration - Manners
Thanks for the quick response.

I used the word vibration as I assume that this is what is making noise. I am probably worrying about it for no reason, I will probably get it checked out just in case but it can wait until 2005.
Laguna Vibration - JohnM{P}
My 51 1.9 diesel hadn't any worrying vibrations at 37k (when I swapped it for the Golf) - however, an annoying buzzing had developed which was traced to wear in the air intake trunking. There is a plastic push together joint towards the back of the engine, which is held together by circular bosses on the male part locking in circular holes in the female part. These holes had worn; solution of the Renault garage was to locate the two parts and pop a self-tapper through both.

Laguna Vibration - stagman
I've a 1.9DCI with 96k, had a similar buzzing vibration and traced to the front section of the exhaust. The front pipe has a convoluted flexible section which is covered with a supporting mesh, the joint seems to sag and cause a vibration. Not wanting to replace the front pipe just yet, I wrapped the flex joint with a stainless repair sleeve from Halfords which gentle grips the outer mesh to the convoluted section. Noise now stopped, and its been fitted for approx. 6months & 10k with no problems. Its worth checking. An easy check is to get someone to hold the engine speed at approx.1000 -1200rpm, (until noise develops) and grip/apply side pressure on the rear silencer on its flex mountings, on my car the noise would disappear, this action tensions the afore mentioned front flex joint.