xmas spirit & young men - hillman
SWMBO & I met up with group of schoolage boys (5th form?) tonight on a side road in Bollington. As I drove up they formed a line accross the street to make me stop. I was only doing about 10 mph, so I kept going at the same speed. they realised that I wouldn't stop, and parted as I approached. then one threww beer on the car from his can, and they all took courage and chased after us. I was struck by the speed at which one of them ran. It was at least 18 mph and 200 yards before he broke off.

One year I was driving up the main street in New Mills, half past midnight on Xmas day. A young man pressed the button on the crossing, and stood in the middle to stop me while a young girl stood on the pavement, looking nervous. I slowed right down to walking pace on the approach, and carried on at the same pace as the lights changed back to green.
At the very last moment he realised that I was not going to stop, and I realised the he wasn't going to step aside. We both panicked. He thrust himself off the bonnet and smashed his fists all along the car as I went past. If I had been driving any other car than the old Wolseley it would have meant a visit to the body shop.

I stopped and reversed to give him my greetings, only to see him performing that well understood gesture of taking off his coat & handing it to the now thoroughly frightened girl. I thought, '00.30 hrs on Xmas day, getting creamed!', so I did the sensible thing and accelerated off home.

Stay off the roads at Xmas.!!
xmas spirit & young men - keo-the-dog
have had similar experience in bath of all places and not at christmas , but your right youngsters and alcohol not a nice mixture but hey we all learn by these experiences... keo
xmas spirit & young men - frostbite
"have had similar experience in bath of all places"

How embarrassing.
xmas spirit & young men - keo-the-dog
i'm not from bath and it's the sort of place you really dont expect it honest , now if i was back home thats another story...cheers...keo
xmas spirit & young men - Civic8
>>Stay off the roads at Xmas.!! ....Lets not go overboard. Your point well made.Though Its not something that happens every day.
You come across a few that caused a problem. Not really an issue. to prevent others from enjoying themselves..see no reason why you should either.Do not get cramped in possition every where you go is going to be the same.If you do you will not go anywhere.
--
Steve
xmas spirit & young men - tack
Actually, it is also a good idea to stay off the roads on Halloween night too.

Round the corner to me, young men had strung a line of cones across a side road, my neighbour got out of car to move them, they came hurtling out of a dark alley and pelted the car with stones. They then ran down the road, laughing and kicking wing mirrors off, or putting in windows with rocks.

I followed a trail of damage for 1/2 mile!. According to Ilford Police (whom I called) it had been like it all evening and they had been running from locus to locus trying to catch them as calls came in.

Whwn I got back home, I found that my wifes car had been damaged as had a few other neighbours. The neighbour who had his car stoned had missed the original bout of mayhem, only to get caught further on.