Mondeo Zetec Alarm problems - Indy
Bought a Mondeo Zetec on a 51 plate some days ago. (from an auction). Yesterday night the alarm started going off. It would reset and would go off again until you unlocked the car and locked it again. Then it would stay quiet for some time and it would start all over again. ( Lost a good deal of sleep yesterday night)

This morning the same thing happened. There was a light rain in the night and this morning also. Could this be the culprit? ( heard that it sometimes happens in the Golf)

This is driving me nuts ( not to mention the neighbours!)

Any solution/advice would be welcome
Mondeo Zetec Alarm problems - kithmo
Have a look mirez.co.uk, it's a mondeo web site and has a link to alarm problems.
Mondeo Zetec Alarm problems - pmh
Long shot, but worth a try

My 96 Fiesta suffered from intermittent triggering of the alarm at about 4th birthday, and I found the cause to be the alarm contact switch on the front bonnet shut panel. VERY cheap poor quality switch exposed to the elements. Corroded contacts = high resistance when closed. Just disconnect switch and then short out contacts as a permanent fix.

Probably worth looking at all the other alarm switches and tempararily short circuiting.

pmh (was peter)