any picasso fans out there? input apprec - derek
Hi i wonder if you knowledgeable chaps can help me

the missus wants a picasso but i would rather she has a diesel one,

the things that put me of the car are

1. the colours they come in
2. the blobby shape
3. the price

how much can i expect to pay for an early diesel , ? its there only a hdi is that the only option for me, what sort of miles will it have done ,

ive bought lots of cars and never had aproblem, however ive never had a citroen and i ve never had a diesel, what should i be looking for and are theyre any common niggles with them?

i know your going to get upset you but i prefer a scenic myself..(ouch)

come on lads convince me
i have about 3-3500 to spend plus my vectra (£1000)
your thoughts would be appreciated.

many thanks
any picasso fans out there? input apprec - Altea Ego
"i know your going to get upset you but i prefer a scenic myself.."

Good Lad - well done. Yup the Picasso colours are foul, and they look like postman pat vans.

However

Picasso's are cheaper to buy second hand (due to the massive discounts when they were new). Picassos are quieter and more comfortable than Scenic Mk1's. And price means you will get a newer better PP van than you will a scenic.

So sorry much as it pains me but in your case
Wife 1 Scenic Lover 0
any picasso fans out there? input apprec - Big Cat
Your budget including the Vectra will get you behind the wheel of an early model. I was surprised at what good value these Picasso's are, in fact all Citroens are due to heavy discounting and good deals when new. There are petrol models available but the HDi is the one to have, it's used in many Pugs as well and is a good unit.
The Picasso is a relatively simple machine, there are no hydopneumatics on these which can give trouble in later life if neglected.
Rmember it's only a five seater, for seven you need to get the Zafira or the Grand Scenic, both of which will be out of your budget. Certainly the Scenic will be, may find a high mileage Zaffer at auction?
any picasso fans out there? input apprec - oldtoffee
We chose a Picasso over a Scenic and the shape and colours were positive influences for us but what made our mind up was the keen price, level of kit and (IMO) it drove better on the motorway than the (old) Scenic. Different strokes, different folks. Our HDi has done 29,000 miles in 18 months and it has been fine. I think the core mechanicals - engine, box, suspension, brakes will all be fine if it has been properly looked after and if you want something to worry about make it the electrics that seem the cause of so much concern amongst all the non-Cit afficianados. If SWMBO isn't going to cover a lot of miles, choosing petrol over diesel will get you a more recent model or save you money.
any picasso fans out there? input apprec - Flying Red
I drove a diesel Picasso hire car in France. Absolutely fantastic car - roomy, quiet, frugal and comfortable and has a huge amount of luggage space.

Don't be put off by high milers, as long as they've got a complete service history. You might find, even if you plan doing high mileages, that the 1.6 petrol works out cheaper. They're not much thirstier than diesel but much cheaper used.

any picasso fans out there? input apprec - Bromptonaut
Agree with flying red, had an HDi Desire as a garage courtesy car for 24 hours. Until then it was a Berlingo I wanted!. Super driving position, simple controls and the kids loved the fold down tables.

Not sure if the diesels were HDi from first UK import, some of the older examples may have the venerable and utterly proven XUD. Cracking motor in its day and set the standard for a generation of diesels. Not quite as refined as the HDi but pretty trouble free provided oil/timing belt changes have been observed
any picasso fans out there? input apprec - Hugo {P}
FiL has a Picasso Petrol.

It has only done 25K on an X but is excellent to drive for a smallish car (well anything smaller than the Discovery is small to me!).

Having heard a few bad tales about Renault reliability, I would plump for the Citroen. Having said that I am a little biased after having a 2.0 130bhp xantia.

Having said that, look which van I've just gone and bought! Nissan Primastar - rebadged Trafic!

H
any picasso fans out there? input apprec - PhilW
"and they look like postman pat vans."

That is a disgraceful slur upon the Berlingo, RF, which is the perfect Postman Pat van! Picasso is nothing like Postman Pat van - it's far too ugly!!
I think all Picasso diesels are HDis which although not exactly overpowered in 90bhp form is still a cracking engine - smooth, quiet, economical (in this price range - we're not talking BMW here)

Plenty of info on HJs car by car breakdown also of course
www.honestjohn.co.uk/index.php?url=/carbycar/index...m