Replacement windscreen for Focus - L'escargot
I've just had to have the Quickclear windscreen replaced on my Focus, and the replacement (Solarshield Safevue) is clearly not a Ford part nor is it made by the same manufacturer that Ford uses. My criticisms of it are that it is not tinted (the original was tinted) and the unheated areas at the sides are larger. For future reference, are there any replacement windscreen companies that either fit genuine screens or at least screens made by the same manufacturer as the original, without me having to pay for it myself, i.e. companies which my insurance company would accept.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Replacement windscreen for Focus - Galaxy
My Mondeo had to have a new heated windscreen fitted under warranty. The main dealer got Autoglass in to do it.

Fitted a genuine part, and no problems whatsoever.

Galaxy
Replacement windscreen for Focus - adverse camber
I would complain to the both the fitters and the insurance company - they have fitted a part which is not the same as it sould be - mention the lack of tinting.

Replacement windscreen for Focus - Galaxy
Thank you mark99, I meant to say that as well!

They have clearly fitted the wrong part. I wouldn't accept it as it is and advise L'escargot not to accept it either.
Replacement windscreen for Focus - Wales Forester
As above, they should replace like for like - complain.

PP
Replacement windscreen for Focus - Marc
From personal experience, Auto Windscreens used pattern glass. Now they are owned by the RAC and use RAC branded glass. I've never really had a complaint about the quality of the glass, or the job done, other than the fact that the glass is not "original" ie OE.

I've read here on several occasions over the years that Autoglass use OE glass but it should be borne in mind that if it is a private purchase ie not insurance claim then Autoglass' prices tend to be prohibitive compared to the competition
Replacement windscreen for Focus - Marc
Forgot to say that if this outfit have fitted a non tinted windscreen and the rest of your windows are tinted they have obviously fitted the wrong screen so you should get it changed, although a replacement to correct spec is likely going to be from the same manufacturer which doesn't help re your other gripes...