Battery conditioner - flathat
Can a battery conditioner be used on a Citroen Xsara 2.0HDi without disconnectiong the battery.
If the battery is disconnected to bring it indoors to use with the battery conditioner, is there likely to be any problem with the codes for the key, radio etc.?
Battery conditioner - Adam {P}
If you disconnect the battery then you'll need to put the radio code in (if it does have one) but keys shoudl be fine as they have their own batteries and the code is stored in them.
--
Adam
Battery conditioner - Peter D
A conditioner can be used with the battery remaining in situ and connected as the current is restricted and max voltage controlled. High current chargers should not be used in situ. Why are you considering using one. ?? Regards Peter
Battery conditioner - DP
Just fit a cigarette lighter adaptor to the cables and leave it plugged in there. Much easier than opening the bonnet each time.

These conditioner/trickle charger units are very good. They monitor the battery condition and adjust the charge rate accordingly. I think mine provides a charge of just 0.2A when it deems the battery is topped up, which is just enough to offset the discharge from an alarm system, plus provide a gentle top up.
I've got one in the garage shared between two motorbikes, and it works really well.
Battery conditioner - flathat
The general consensus seems to be OK to leave the battery connected if practical. I may need to take it out to get it near a mains socket. A change in duties is leaving the car underused with only 10 mile round trips in the now cold weather and I beleive honest john recommended a conditioner for such cases.
Thank you all for your contributions
Regards flathat
Battery conditioner - Victorbox
I've just bought a CTEK 800 conditioner for just the purpose you describe i.e. conditioning a little used battery while it is still connected and in the vehicle. The advantage of this conditioner is that it is waterproof so it can be left connected outside. See www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/ProductInformation/Batte...m