Mondeo TDCi diagnostics - cheddar
Ref; my May '02 Mondeo Ghia X TDCi 130. In 2.5 years and 82k miles I have had about 4 instances of the glow plug light flashing and the car taking two or three goes to start plus one instance where it went into 'emergency mode', I drove it to the dealer and they reprogrammed the ECU while I waited.

Today I had a different occurance, the glow plug light went out as normal however both the yellow frost and red ice warning lights stayed on even though it was 9degC by the outside temp indicator (they normally go out 4 or 5 seconds after the ignition is switched on unless the outside temp is 3degC or below). The engine turned over though did not start (as per if the glow plug light flashes). I swithched the ignition off and it started as normal second time.

Just wonder if the frost and ice warning lights staying on is a diagnostic code as per the flashing glow plug light?
Mondeo TDCi diagnostics - Adam {P}
Cheddar, you can check the DTC codes yourself although all you'll get is a number, you post back here and I'll tell you what the number means. This probably won't be a great deal of help but may be handy to know.

To get the codes, put the key in the ignition but don't turn it. Hold in the odometer reset button and turn the key to ingition II keeping hold of the reset button.

You should get the word tESt in the mileage window at which point you can release the button. Pressing it again gives you gAge at which point the gauges will go crazy. Again gives you 8888, again bulb and all the bulbs light up, then I *think* it will flash up "dtc" and then a four digit number. This is the code.

Incidently, pressing it again gives you a digital speedo. This mode is exited once you take the key out of the ignition so don't worry about that.

* I'm not to sure as to the exact order after "tESt" so don't go rushing through them all.

Hope that helps,
--
Adam
Why don't I preview - "not TOO sure"
--
Adam
Mondeo TDCi diagnostics - cheddar
then I *think* it will flash up "dtc" and then a
four digit number. This is the code.

Hi, Many thanks, I guess you have to do this right after the occurance for the code to be relevant? Any ideas on the yellow/red lights staying on?

Regards.
The code will always be stored if anything untoward happens. If there are no DTC codes stored then it will simply flash dTc NONE.

Mine for example had something up with the sender unit and never got reset and so flashes dTC 9202 even though there is no problem any more. Have you tried doing that for the code yet or not?

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the lights staying on.
--
Adam