Fiesta CV Boot Joint Securing - Steveo4869
I have just replaced one of my CV joint and boot on a 1991 XR2i.

But I am having problems securing the rubber boot over the CV Joint, the metal securing strap supplied with the joint does not seem to tighten the boot enough and it falls off when the wheel rotates.

I have now used cable ties which seem to be holding but would this be ok to use long term or can anyone tell me a simple solution to correctly securing the metal strap.

Many Thanks

Steveo
Fiesta CV Boot Joint Securing - Dynamic Dave
Cable ties *should* be fine. I say should, it all depends on whether you've put teenie weenie ones on, or something substantial. If they're not very wide, then fit two, side by side.

Vauxhall used to supply cable ties with their CV boot kits as the average home diy'er didn't have the correct pliers to crimp the metal straps up with.

Fiesta CV Boot Joint Securing - DL
Vx have the best idea with those Oetiker type clamps, but as DD says, you really need the correct tool (Which I have!) to tension the ears up with.

What boot did you fit? A cheap aftermarket one? They can be marginal fittment-wise at the best of times. But, a suitable zip-tie should be fine.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Fiesta CV Boot Joint Securing - Steveo4869
Many Thanks. I think I will see how the cable tie fairs out. I have just done a heavy motorway run and it it seems to be holding. Thanks Again.