Home for Clio? - Citroënian {P}
Well, after being in our service for a good few years, the Clio looks to have blown its head gasket again (boiling, mayo on oil cap).

We don't see the point in fixing it (last time was >£300) so have decided to get rid.

Don't really care too much where it goes so long as it's not our problem anymore.

Any ideas? It runs, everything works on it (save gasket) - leccy windows, power steering, remote locking, etc

We're not too worried about how much we get either, just want rid. Would break my heart to pay someone to take it away and scrap it as it's only one repair away from being useful to someone.

Any advice much appreciated.

--
Lee
MINI adventure in progress
Home for Clio? - NowWheels
How about auctioning it on Ebay?
Home for Clio? - Big Cat
Are you sure it's the HG gone again? If it's been repaired properly it should be ok. I've not heard Renaults suffer from this.
I think it's the HG - it's losing water and there's a mayonnaise under the oil cap. It'd be interesting to know if it could be anything else, I'm technically clueless once the bonnet has been lifted.

Though about eBay, but was worried about scams.

--
Lee
Home for Clio? - spikeyhead {p}
Clean it so its as pretty as it can be, then put it into one of the smaller auction houses, sold as seen, having removed as much of the mayo of the inside of the oil filler cap as you can.

If you go down the ebay route you'll have to disclose every problem that the car has.
--
I read often, only post occasionally
Home for Clio? - Big Cat
Hmmm. Doesn't sound too good. Might be worth getting an exhaust gas analysis done to confirm it's the HG. Also the engine might be a bit rough when starting from cold if moisture is leaking into the cylinder(s) via a perished gasket.
Yep, that sounds pretty much like it (engine rough). Parked at a set of lights it was chugging and shaking the car. It's always been rubbish for the first mile or so in the morning (much like me), but this stationary judder is new.

When I finally figure out what to do with it, I'll post here. It's got to go in the next couple of weeks as the tax expires at the end of the month...

--
Lee
Home for Clio? - richy
Clean it so its as pretty as it can be, then
put it into one of the smaller auction houses, sold as
seen, having removed as much of the mayo of the inside
of the oil filler cap as you can.

How would you feel if you bought a car like that?
Er, I'm not suggesting that I'd sell myself it without letting the purchaser know that I think it's knackered.

If it's in auction, then I think there's an element of let the buyer beware - although I'm not sure of the legal position of this.

--
Lee