Car recovery trailer - Reggie
My son has had an accident tonight, whilst on a roundabout.
Luckily he and the other party were not hurt at all. Unfortunately, it has damaged the front suspension, and the car will not drive.

I intend to recover it to my house tomorrow to inspect the damage. (It is in a car park tonight, so reasonably safe).
The obvious choice is a recovery firm with a low loader, or front suspension lift, but I was just wondering if anybody knows if it is easy to find and hire an ?A? frame type trailer that will fit onto my tow bar, and if this option is likely to be any cheaper.

Reggie
Car recovery trailer - v8man
I think it will depend on how far you need to recover it. Are you not in the AA or similar? I used to hire car recovery trailers for moving classic cars about and they are not cheap. It is also hard now trying to find anyone willing to hire them as they get nicked to frequently.
No, I'm not in the A.A. or any motoring organisation.

If I have to, I'll get a recovery firm to do the job, but the car is a "P" reg Punto, so only worth pre-accident £800 ish, and I was trying to keep costs down, as its possible it will not be worth repairing.

Thanks for that.

Reggie

Car recovery trailer - BobbyG
Is recovery not included in your insurance?
I don't think so. It's 3rd party fire and theft, and my son has only been driving for just over a week, so we only have a cover note, and the broker who we arranged it through is closed until tomorrow when we shall check, although I'm not hopefull.

Reggie