Mondeo wheel trims move on wheel - andyb1
I've got a 2002 mondeo LX with steel wheels and wheel trims. The wheel trims over a short period of time rotate on the wheel and bend the valve over.

My local Ford dealer said it was due to the combination of rimless wheels used on the new Mondeos and the particular tyres fitted from new - Continental Premium Contact. They replaced the front tyres with Continental Sport Contact 2's under warranty but that didn't solve the problem.

I've seen other Mondeos with wheel trims out of alignment with the valve, so I know I'm not alone in having this problem.

Has anyone else had this problem and have you successfully solved it, if so how?

Cheers,

AndyB
Mondeo wheel trims move on wheel - Ford Dagenham
Hi

A Friend has a Y reg Mondeo (new shape) He used two thin cable ties to stop the wheel trims moving (falling off)

Hope this helps
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
Mondeo wheel trims move on wheel - Dynamic Dave
and have you successfully solved it, if so how?

AS FD says, cable ties. They\'ll also delay any opportunist thieves from just taking them without a struggle, or the kids down the road using them as a frisby.
Mondeo wheel trims move on wheel - Marc
My 01Y LX did this but only on the front wheels! perhaps this was because my rear trims were heat distorted becuase of the handbrake recall??? - I had ContiSport Contacts fitted all round when I sold (better wear than the OE Premium Contact IMO)

I just use to reposition the trims once a week - but be careful - the clips are weak and made of a brittle plastic that snaps easily. I think cable ties will be your only answer. Do the new LX wheel trims move? If not you could get a set of those but I personally don't think they look as good as the pre- facelift ones
Mondeo wheel trims move on wheel - Ford Dagenham
Hello

The car my friend has is an lx with those large wheel covers they snap easily.

Two thin cables ties is my answer.

His Wife has a Lx that has alloy wheels now they are a real pain to keep clean she would rather have steels.

--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters