Ford Warranty (II) - andy4
Recently picked up an eight month old Mondeo at an auction. It was an ex Hertz car and "sold as seen". Very pleased with it.

However, on reading the service history I notice the car had been serviced after 7 months with 14,300 miles on the clock. I assume it should have been serviced at 12-13,000 miles. Will the warranty still be valid. I haven't approached a Ford dealer yet, just wanted some info in advance.

Grateful for advice.

Ford Warranty (II) - Dynamic Dave
According to the Ford website, yes it should be serviced at 12,500 miles(petrol) 10,000 miles(diesel) or 12 months - whichever comes first.

www.ford.co.uk/ie/service_repair/service_service/s.../-

As regard to your other query, can\'t help. Sorry.
Ford Warranty (II) - Ivor E Tower
Ring Ford's extended warranty centre and explain what the situation is - they will amlmost certainly tell you that it is OK. I bought a used Ford last year that was 2 years old but only had one service at approx 16 months old - outside the 12 month limit but well inside on mileage. They just told me to get the second service done ASAP and they would honour the warranty. I subsequently got the service done and had warranty work done on it with no problems as to liability; replacement parts availability - that was a different story! 3 further trips to dealer but it was all sorted at no cost to me.
Ford Warranty (II) - cheddar
Diesel Mondeos are 12500/12 months as per petrol one's, the website is perhaps to general.

Regards.
Thanks for the info.

I will ring Ford and see what they have to say.

Has anybody else had any similar dealings with Ford. Have they generally been quite helpful?

Cheers - Andy
Ford Warranty (II) - daveyK_UK
dont mention it.

if they ask - just say 'at the last time it was due'.

they rarely check on cars less than 2 years old.

how much did you pay for it?
In case anybody is interested, I have just spoken to Ford who were absolutely fine with it. I get the balance of the 3 year warranty. Full marks to Ford (especially the Ford Protect staff who were very helpful).

Davey, it's a 2.0 LX. The price was £8,350. Lovely car at a lovely price.

Thanks.
Ford Warranty (II) - madmondeoman
I hope you have more luck than I did.The difference with a Ford 3 year waarranty is that the 1st year is from Ford the other 2 years are from the dealers.
The garage that I bought my 6 month old Mondeo from had won awards for their customer \"service\"(deleted of deleted).I certainly did do not get anything that I would call customer service.
As for Ford customer service they are very goood at answering the phone and letters. But getting them to do anything is another matter.
I did enjoy driving the car but owning it was another matter.
As soon as the new engine was fitted I traded it in for a Toyota.

Best of luck.

{dealer name removed. DD}