Fiat technical help please - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
I need to find out some tech information regarding a Fiat Punto. Specifically fault codes D600 and D602 whicj I hope will point to the intermittent acceleration problem. None of the reference material I have gives these codes and I suspect my local dealer may not help much. All the Fiat Forums I have found on the 'net seem only to deal with bolt-on goodies, wheels and speakers. Can anyone guide me to a good site?
Thanks
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!
Fiat technical help please - GIM
Is it possible you have misread these, could they possibly be:
0600 and 0602.

Ref the following page: www.onboarddiagnostics.co.uk/obdcodes.htm
Fiat technical help please - motorwise
I'm guessing this is a series two punto if the codes are 0600 & 0602 (EOBD codes) then they relate to CAN data bus malfunction (0600) and ECM programming error (0602)- whats the fault on the car?

Also I know this is slightly off this topic but I read on another thread you're using the tecnotest reflex - it's a tool I'm thinking of buying myself so I was just looking for some feedback good or bad

Thanks In advance
Fiat technical help please - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Thank you gentlemen. Fault on the car is that occasionally the response from the accelerator (fly-by-wire) is very sluggish, no misfire, just as if you were tickling the throttle rather than flooring it. Several sources have indicated a software fault and these codes seem to confirm it.
Reflex is a good tool but I am still learning how to drive it! Aparrently there is a function on it which expands on any given fault code, hopefully by the end of the day I shall have mastered it with the help of the guys at Caftec who supplied it.
Only slight problem on this occasion was that the vehicle/control system in question was not listed against the Fiat Punto menu but a bit of detective work found it on Marea which worked perfectly.
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!