2001 Renault Clio 1.2 immobiliser - Ronnie A
Very occasionally my Clio 1.2 Authentique will not start, the engine does not turn and the immobiliser red light stays on, it has also turned the engine very briefly but does not fire. Using the spare key doesn't make any difference. This has caused me on one instance to call out the AA, when he turned up it started! It has been to a Renault dealership and they have found no fault and no fault "recorded" on the computer. Am I about to be let down by this fault? The car has been dealer serviced from new and the warranty expires this month!
2001 Renault Clio 1.2 immobiliser - Dynamic Dave
Using the Forum Search (just under where you log in/out)....

Although the following thread relates to a Scenic, there is also reference to a Clio buried in there as well.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=18744

Also found a few more as well:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=9173
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=22341
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=19239
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=22871
2001 Renault Clio 1.2 immobiliser - Ronnie A
Thanks for that information, great website, keep up the good work!
2001 Renault Clio 1.2 immobiliser - king zz

Hi my 1999 clio mk2 is also having a problem starting. It really sounds like its going to start, sometimes it back fires.

The immobiliser light does not come on at all. This is where my problem is I presume.

I have bought a used part replacement for the transponder receiver, which goes round the ignition, this does not make any difference.

I have done a circuit test with an electrical tester and this has shown there is no breaks in the wires from, each pin in the three pin connector to the transponder receiver, to the connector to the ecu, I tried all of the available ports, I think black had lots of connections (due to being earth) the other one had three positive connections I believe, and the last one had a few positive connections, this is in reference to the amount of holes in the ecu connector.

I have tried re-syncing the key fob but it wont work, maybe I am doing it incorrectly.