Clio imobiliser ? - Bullsimon80
Hi,
I have a intermittant starting problem with my wifes' P reg clio 1.2, .

occasionally (4 times in the last 4 weeks) she gets in the car, turn the key the Ign lights and all the other associated dashbord display come on and then absolutely nothing, engine doesn't turn over - no clicks etc
If I lock / unlock and leave (for a least a couple of hours) - it starts fine. I suspect it maybe to do with the imobiliser but I'm not sure. Is there a way of "reseting" the imobiliser (or disconnecting it)

Any ideas?
Thanks
Simon
Clio imobiliser ? - Peter D
Simple test, next time it goes into this mode grab a passer by and bump start the car, assuming its a manual. Most cars immobilisers kill the ECU to shut down the fuel and ignition but normally you can still crank the car. If you car starts with a bump then you have fault somewhere in the igniton switch or even the pre engage solonoid of the starter. Regards Peter
Clio imobiliser ? - Altea Ego
I think on this marque of Clio the imobilisor does not stop the car from turning over, but will stop the car from starting. I would look elsewhere, start with engine to body earth cable, battery connections, wiring to starter motor and solenoid.
Clio imobiliser ? - edisdead {P}
Several folks here have had similar problems with Renault immobilisers. Try this thread for a few ideas:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=18744&...f

Good luck,

Ed.