Speeding notification - Cheeky
I\'ve moved this to the top as it gives useful information that is frequently requested on this site. I\'ve locked it so it doesn\'t turn into a pro/anti speeding thread. Cheeky, please post a new thread to let us know how things go? Cheers, ND

Guys,

Tried to search past \'speeding\' volumes, all except latest vol. 25 are not loading. I\'d therefore be very grateful if someone would enlighten me:

\'It\'s a fair cop\' - I was caught by a Truvelo (facing forward A422 farthinghoe village...) Particularly nasty as I was technically still in a 30mph zone - the 60mph de-restriction sign is about 25 feet behind the camera.
Anyway, I reckon I was doing about 36-38mph.

I\'m aware the Notice of impending Prosecution has a 14 day period to be issued by the police. My 14th day is this coming Bank Holiday Monday. If the NiP should arrive later in the week, and I am therefore outside the 14 day period, what should I do?

All replies are much appreciated.
Speeding notification - Robin Reliant
I believe it has to be posted within fourteen days of the offence, rather than received. So I am afraid the hot sweats may have to continue till the end of next week.
Speeding notification - Dynamic Dave
Guys,
Tried to search past 'speeding' volumes,

I've just done a quick Forum Search putting "14 days" (yes, include the quotation marks) in the message body window, and selecting search only in Discussion.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=21...7

Speeding notification - Cheeky
Many thanks - much appreciated. Fingers crossed until the end of the week then...
Speeding notification - Dwight Van Driver
In law NOIP has to be served within 14days, not counting the day of the offence for the offence of speeding. It can be sent by Registered, Recorded delivery or First class post. Second class post is NOT acceptable.

It should be posted within such time that, in the ordinary course of the post, it should reach the person to whom it is addressed within 14 days. High Court cases Stewart v Chapman 1951 and Nicholson v Tapp 1972 dictate this.

No extention is mentioned because of Bank Holidays.

So if NOIP is received outside the 14 days then it is questionable that this is lawful and one should write back pointing out the late receipt of the NOIP which invalidates proceedings for speeding.

DVD
re: speeding notification - adverse camber
Since I cant post a reply to the locked nip topic, the best web site I have seen for speeding ticket information (fighting them that is) is pepipoo

pepipoo.com/NewForums2/index.php

I hope that plugging another web site is ok by the mods on here ?

Mark

{pepipoo's been mentioned a few times before, but I've moved this into the locked thread for reference, should anyone ever require it. DD}