New-Car-Leasing - Mark (RLBS)
After No Dosh's dealings with New Car Leasing I decided to have a look myself.

I dealt with Dave and was very impressed with the service. He spent significant effort getting the inital quote I wanted, and then revisited 3 or 4 times as I explored different things before coming up with the final deal.

It was also an excellent deal financially and he has a willingness to beat any competitive offers that you have.

Delivery times and service appear to be excellent as well, although I will feed back on that when I've actually got the vehicle.

And no, ND, I will not be answering any questions as to what the vehicle actually is, nor how it is powered.

If they have the types of ideas you are interested in, then you really should give them a chance.

As a general rule could I ask people two things; if you deal with someone recommended by this site, then please tell them so that we receive due recognition. And please do feed back your opinions of them afterwards.

Mark.
New-Car-Leasing - No Do$h
A TD Ford Galaxy!!!!!
New-Car-Leasing - Dynamic Dave
ROTFLMAO
New-Car-Leasing - NowWheels
ND and DD, don't be cruel.

He just doesn't want to akme us all jealous with the news of his new Hyundai Amica.
New-Car-Leasing - Mapmaker
>>Galaxy!!!!!

A New Labour-mobile! (I know this site is apoloitical... but is he still allowed to contribute driving one of those things?) How many children do you have, Mark?
I don't wish to talk about it. I am a free man with his own mind and opinions living in a free country; I am able to buy any car I want.

....and a Galaxy is what my wife told me I want.
New-Car-Leasing - JohnX
"I am able to buy any car I want"
Mark shouldnt that statement be -"I am able to buy any car I can AFFORD" !!!
Otherwise all of us would be driving Bentleys/Rolls!
New-Car-Leasing - NARU
Otherwise all of us would be driving Bentleys/Rolls!

Until it comes to parking them!!!
>>"I am able to buy any car I want"
>Mark shouldnt that statement be -"I am able to buy any car I can AFFORD" !!!

No. I can buy any car I want. Of course it happens that I don't want an F1 or similar, which is handy because that I couldn't afford.

Anyway, I suspect you missed the comment referring to the fact that I know what car I want because my wife told me what it was.
Well, an update;

Eventually having got quote for just about every variant and combination of feature/extra possible on the Galaxy, I order the tdi automatic Ghia with a few bits and pieces added.

I'll probably write further about the car when I've put a few miles on it and got used to it.

In the meantime; some comments about new-car-leasing.

I couldn't speak more highly of them. They did everything they said they would, they did it well and they did it cheerfully. They got all the different quotes I wanted, and tried very hard when I'd got down to the one or two final alternatives.

They ensured the car was delivered to my house (a darn sight quicker than the local Ford dealer offered), and even contacted me about 30 minutes after the car had arrived to check everything was in order (it was).

The final deal was for the Ghia and a pretty damned good deal it was too. I did get other quotes from other companies; New Car Leasing beat them all - and somewhat more efficiently and courteously than most of the others could manage, as well.

Very highly recommended (I'd recommend them to my Mother) and financially very worthwhile also.

Give them a call, I only did it on the off-chance after No Dosh was so pleased with them, and I'm very glad I did. All my dealings were with a guy called Dave Moffatt, and excellent he was too. However, I'm sure the other people are just as good.

Do this site a favour, if you do call them then please let them know that you got their name from here.

Mark.
New-Car-Leasing - Avant
Mark - do you mind if I ask if the new car is a business asset or a private purchase? It would be interesting to know whether leasing for private purchases is likely to catch on, as opposed to HP or PCP or separate bank loan.

I appreciate you may not want to disclose this - but maybe people have some thoughts on it?
private.
Four weeks and counting until Mrs ND's Mitsubishi arrives..... I echo everything Mark has said. I've dealt with Phil Kehoe and he's always been cheerful, prompt and keen to provide everything I've asked of him. Highly recommended.
New-Car-Leasing - Happy Blue!
Mark,

given that I have only ever bought cars for cash, can you enlighten me..

Have you bought the Galaxy or have you done a personal lease plan? If the latter, how does it work, and how does it compare to taking out a Ford PCP or a simple bank loan?

Thanks

E3
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Is a combination of lease and purchase. Essentially you lease the car, but you\'re given a guaranteed bubble payment at the end if you wish to keep it.

I think a number of things need to come together, but if they do it works out well. In my case the answer to all of the following was New Car Leasing;

Who can get the best price from Ford, you or the company ?

Who can get the speediest delivery for exactly the spec you want ?

Who would help you do all the comparisons between makes/models/specs/engines/etc. ?

Who would offer you the best lease deal ?

Who was the greater pleasure to deal with ?

Who clearly wanted the business the most ?

Who made you feel like you were really a \"customer\" ?

I could have managed without all the customer touchy-feely stuff but I would still have been faced with the fact that they could get the car for a better price than I could and faster than I could.

If I had compared the following;

NCL price & total price of lease plus bubble payment

with;

Mark price & total cost of personal loan

Then NCL was cheaper. If I could have got the car for the price they could have got it, perhaps I could have done something with a personal loan or my own money - but even then it would have been marginal. (and before you have any thoughts about interest rates, I have a good credit reference and got a very good deal on a potential personal loan).

Added to all of that;

I don\'t have to take the car at the end if I don\'t want to.

I asked for a high mileage restriction meaning that it won\'t affect me, although obviously it made the lease mroe expensive.

Somebody else did all the hard work, I didn\'t even have to stir from my desk, not even for the form filling - all done by fax/e-mail except for the very final forms which are done by post.

I cannot imagine how long it would have taken me to get comparative quotes for all that I asked for.

There are a variety of different leases from car only to including servicing/repairs and various others of more or less coverage.

If you wish to know any more than that, give them a call. When I called them the first time it was only an enquiry as to how it all worked, the decision to actually enquire seriously came later, and they spent a considerable time explaining it to me.

Mark.

p.s. it was a noticeable amount less than the Ford plan, even when I told Ford what they were competing with.
New-Car-Leasing - Happy Blue!
Great, thanks

Its useful to know these things, as at some point, I am likely to decide to lease rather than buy a car, if I know I will only want it for a specific period.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Took delivery of the L200 this week. A big thank-you to Phil Kehoe of www.new-car-leasing.co.uk/ for all his help and for keeping on top of Mitsubishi UK when it seemed the vehicle was going to sit around at the port for no particular reason.

The L200 was, contrary to my expectations, trailered down here and delivered with only 14miles on the clock.

Phil and his team have given us an excellent vehicle at a superb price and have gone out of their way to keep us informed during the lead-in time from the factory in Japan.

Well done guys, I could very well be back next year for a little something for myself.

No Dosh - Backroom Moderator
mailto:moderators@honestjohn.co.uk