Mercedes A-Class Fuel Leaks - lughole
Help...

We're suffering a persistent fuel leak from the mrs' A-Class. It only seems to happen after it's been stood for a couple of days or more- after starting it up today there was petrol trickling out just in front of the rear wheels (hard to tell where exactly as it's got a plastic undertray that's nearly the length of the vehicle, hence it could be swilling about on top of that and leaving where gravity takes it). It happens regardless of whether the tank is full/empty, so not overfilling or the cracked filler pipes mentioned on this site.

I've taken it into our local ex-main dealer once (and will again tomorrow) with no result. By the time I got there the leak had stopped. The same garage had given it a major service just before the leak got worse. I had seen faint evidence of fuel/oil leakage on the drive prior to this, but assumed that my Land Rover was responsible (who wouldn't?)

It only happens when the car has been stood for a few days, though I've smelt petrol a couple of times when it's been used regularly (but found no evidence on or under the vehicle).

Any help would be welcome.

BTW: A140 V-reg petrol 50K, FSH.
Mercedes A-Class Fuel Leaks - SimonJ
Have a look at www.baby-benz.co.uk and do a search for fuel leak on the forums.