Peugeot non start - Pugboy
K,i keep getting intermittent nonstarts on my 306 1.8 8valve petrol. This all started when i drove it through a huge pool of water , it cut out on the way back from that trip at a roundabout, luckily it started up after a few minutes and i got it home. Unfortunately, this problem is getting more severe lately. I runs fine on some days and just doesnt start one others (sometime cutting out when i come to a sharp halt in traffic). It was working the other day so i decided to check if the fuel pump relay was damp by unplugging it. Didnt seem too moist so i plugged it back in and the car doesnt start! The relay clicks when iginition is turned on but cant hear the pump turning on. Is it the relay which could be faulty cos of my water antics? or is something more severe like the ECU (have checked it and only a small water mark on it which is dry now, shoke it to check theres no water inside). I've checked the fuel line and there's no fuel being pumped (so its not my hearing thats going) . Also checked the air intake/filter which is clear . Also gave the stepper motor a good clean. Anyone take a guess at whats wrong with my car? How reliable are relays? Do they often need replacing? Anything else electronic that could have got wet which i need to check?
Peugeot non start - Ross Lavery
Hi mate,

Have you checked the wiring harness which runs just underneath the front bumper? Relays on these are mainly reliable however it could be worth trying a new one. As for the pump coinsidence it could have screwed up at the same time?
Peugeot non start - Pugboy
What exactly should i check in the wiring harness that runs under the front bonnet? Should i just sray some good old WD40 into the connections?
Peugeot non start - Ross Lavery
Hi mate,

Check for rotten wires and broken ones (these are very prone) if these are ok indeed spray a little WD On them