2001 Service Reset - wonderwheels
How do you reset the service computer display on the car?. The manual says with Ignition off hold the trip reset button in and then turn the clock buttoon right (mins) and it should reset. All I have succeeded in doing is reseting my Trip computer and adjusting my clock.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 21/07/2008 at 19:34

Top Reply

Passat 2001 Service Reset - delwynjones
On my 2002 passat, just managed to get it to reset.
It seems a combination of what different people are saying actually works.
Use your Right hand to hold in the trip odometer reset button, with the ignition off.
Next, turn the ignition on while still holding in the trip reset button
When ignition lights are on, and reset button is till being held, turn the clock adjust knob clockwise.
Hooray the service is reset!

All Replies

Passat 2001 Service Reset - Dynamic Dave

The following link is for resetting a Polo. However it worked on a Passat. *Might* be a common VW thing across the range.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=9400&m...e

Passat 2001 Service Reset - Aprilia
For 2001 Passat on fixed interval service:

Hold trip meter button in and turn ign ON
'SERVICE' should be displayed on the LCD panel
Release trip button
Turn clock button to right to reset.
Turn ign OFF
Passat 2001 Service Reset - delwynjones
On my 2002 passat, just managed to get it to reset.
It seems a combination of what different people are saying actually works.
Use your Right hand to hold in the trip odometer reset button, with the ignition off.
Next, turn the ignition on while still holding in the trip reset button
When ignition lights are on, and reset button is till being held, turn the clock adjust knob clockwise.
Hooray the service is reset!
Passat 2001 Service Reset - Stuartli
delwynjones correctly describes the method used to set the service interval manually for VW etc group models; however, from year 2000 models it resets the display to a "distance" interval such as 10,000 miles.

The variable (LongLife) service interval configuration can only be done by a VW dealership using a special instrument - a print-out is put in the vehicle's service record.

Owners with models manufactured from year 2000 can choose between the "distance" or the "variable" intervals, but if the latter is selected only recommended long-life engine oil can be used.
Passat 2001 Service Reset - nsurgeoner
Cheers. this worked perfect. You should never believe what you read in the handbook! Glad to have "service now" gone from my dashboard.
snipquote!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/09/2008 at 19:47

Passat 2001 Service Reset - col.d
Top man, worked first time pure legend! No more annoying beeping noises!!!!
Passat 2001 Service Reset - squidlips

Absolutely spot on! Tried it on my 2003, took 30 seconds, job done. I always do my own services so this makes it a lot easier for me. Thanks mate.

Passat 2001 Service Reset - mistercee
It works on a 2002 Passat - took 30 seconds to do. VW dealer wanted £30+VAT for the privelige. They also wanted £210 for a service which cost me £90 at my local garage
Passat 2007 2.0T Service Reset - xerocomm
The following worked on my 2007 VW Passat 2.0T:
1) Hold down the wrench button (right hand of the trip reset button).
2) While holding the wrench button, turn on the ignition.
3) The computer will now show something like: 'Service Now'.
4) Release the wrench button.
5) Now, press and release the the min (right hand of the h button).
6) Turn off the ignition.
7) Done. The service computer is now officially reset.
Passat 2007 2.0T Service Reset - newbs2215
I used this fix on my 2000 W reg Passat and it works perfectly.
Many thanks for the tip, saved me £30.00.

Edited by Webmaster on 21/07/2008 at 18:20

Passat 2001 Service Reset - richie50

Perfect!!!!! Thank you so much! The method where you hold down the trip reset-turn on ignition-turn clock adjust button to the right -turn off ignition worked first time for me on my 2001 Passat!!

Edited by richie50 on 13/10/2010 at 00:22

Passat 2001 Service Reset - Railroad.

Glad you got it sorted. The above advice is correct, but as has been said the method will only work if your car is set to 'Fixed' service intervals. You cannot do it if it's set to 'Variable', in which case you need diagnostic equipment. You do not necessarily need to go to a VW dealer though. Anyone with VCDS (formerly known as VagCom) can do it. Check out http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/74720-vag-com-diagnostic-system-vcds-owners-map/ for a list of people who do, and by the way you'll find me on there.....