hyndai paint repair - daveyK_UK
as you may be aware - paint work is one of the areas where hyundai are significantly poor.
Anyhow, rather than having a rant at hyundai paint quality, my car is a hyundai accent 01 -on friday it hit a post reversing out of a drive way.
Its got two slight dents one of which one has compressed against the petrol cap compartment and disformed the square side slightly on the edge.
also fairly deep bumper scrapes and damaged paint on side panels - lenght around 6-9 cm.
There is also a previous paint wok to repair form a stone chipping which caused a significant removal of paint on the a-pillar which has nbow rusted.

from my judgement, both the a-pillar and certianly the bumper will need more than a simple re-spray as the depth of damage is fair/good.

To make the problem worse, the car is metallic paint.
I refuse to pay a sky high rate to a paint shop as i have the time to do it myself.

Can you please advise as to what is necessary for the reapir.
a step-by-step guide and list of materials and would be a great help.

On another subject, alot of the hyundai clips, brackets, screws, bolts etc, undr the bonnet have eroded and become rusty.
What is the best solution to remove the rust (easiest) and what do you reccomend i coat the items with?
if its any help - the colour is SB.
hyndai paint repair - volvoman
Can't help with the paint problem but could you not simply paint the clips etc. with some form of rust treatment. The one I use seems very good - Granville 661 Heavy Duty Rust Cure. You just remove the loose rust and paint away to your heart's content. After about 30 minutes you're left with a blue/black coating on the affected area which is quite unobtrusive. I treated a small area of rust around the rear door sill on Mrs V's car over a year ago and haven't touched it since. It's still unpainted :( but fine and free from any signs of rust.
hyndai paint repair - Dynamic Dave
To make the problem worse, the car is metallic paint.
I refuse to pay a sky high rate to a paint
shop as i have the time to do it myself.

It's not the paint that costs the money, it's the labour charge for doing all the preparation work beforehand. Matching metallic paint can be quite difficult to say the least.

As you say you've time on your hands, why not do all the prep work yourself (ie, sanding down, dent filling, etc), then get a quote for just the respray?

In most, if not all Haynes Manuals there's a section on repairing bodywork. IIRC, there's also a Haynes Manual available for bodywork repairs alone.

hyndai paint repair - martint123
DD mentioned the Haynes manual.
Try your local library for a read - I found it covered the subject quite well and step by step.

Martin
hyndai paint repair - Victorbox
For rusty clips, bolts, screws etc it is sometimes much quicker & easier to to replace the item with plated or stainless steel items. Try a supplier like Namrick www.namrick.co.uk/
havent been able to find one at the library - any web sites which are good?
hyndai paint repair - Dynamic Dave
havent been able to find one at the library - any
web sites which are good?

From the www.haynes.co.uk website:-

tinyurl.com/3zwgb
tinyurl.com/54yhl