Possible group buy for remaps in N.I. - andymc {P}
I've been talking to a chap who is a Co. Antrim-based dealer for Motorsport Developments and Speedbuster. He was recommended to me by a third party and is willing to consider a group buy on engine tuning/remaps if we get sufficient numbers. I know of one other person who's interested, so ideally three more should generate a discount.

Each remap is customised for the individual car, rather than engine type. As an example of power gains, he indicated to me that my Leon could be upped from 110 bhp to around 155. The usual price is £300 all in (ie inclusive of VAT), so a group buy should represent quite good value for money, especially when you consider that a before & after rolling-road session is included and that each job takes about 5 hours to do thoroughly. He works with both petrol and diesel engines.

As far as our discussions went with regard to the VAG TDi 110 engine, he says there is usually no physical evidence (such as re-soldering chips) that the work has been done. The only possible trace is if the ECU has to be removed, a retaining clip may have to be bent back, and then bent into place again when the ECU is replaced.

If you want to be a part of the group buy, or if you have any specific questions, post a reply here and I'll try to pass them on.

PS I have no connection at all with the company apart from being a potential customer.
--
andymc
Possible group buy for remaps in N.I. - andymc {P}
Just bumping this to the top for those who may have missed it or who may only browse at weekends. I'll be going away this afternoon for a number of days so won't be around to answer any queries till next weekend.
Another piece of information I forgot to include before now - according to this dealer, the VAG TDi ECU has 16 different power maps, each of which are optimised for the individual engine, rather than a using a standard remap which may not suit some cars as well as others or may only alter three or four maps. I think that a bespoke solution for your own car is good value at potentially under £300, never mind the rolling road sessions.
So far there's still only two of us on board, but hopefully there'll be some more interest in the next couple of weeks or so.
--
andymc
Possible group buy for remaps in N.I. - toledotdi
llok's like its just the two of us so far ??