Renault Scenic Starting Problems - HELP! - digitdemon
Hope anyone can help.

My sisters got a Renualt Scenic 1.6 1998 and has recently been having problems starting it intermittenly. I was with her this morning and the problem was worse than ever, couldn't start for about 5 minutes. I lifted bonnet to have a look and listen and nothing much was happening apart from it turning over fine, I thought it might either be no spark or no fuel getting through.  After a few more attempts we gave it one more go. On this occasion there was what sounded like a squirt of fuel, or similar sound just prior tot the engine turning over, and bamm it started!

Can anyone tell me if this sounds electrical or a dodgy fuel pump etc. etc.

All help greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Renault Scenic Starting Problems - HELP! - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Had two scenics and a Megane Coupe doing this in the last few months but both Scenics only when hot,the coupe hot or cold, all had defective crankshaft sensors.
All threw up a fault code of no engine rpm signal.
Andrew

--
Simplicate and add lightness!!
Andrew,

Many thanks for the response.

What would you say my options are now, can I get that sensor changed by myself or garage, or do I need to get a diagnostic done? If so can that only be done at a Renault garage?

Thanks in advance.

Ken
Renault Scenic Starting Problems - HELP! - elekie&a/c doctor
crankshaft sensor faults on Meganes are v. common.you can change it yourself in about 20 mins.(part cost arond £22).It is secured on top of gearbox with 2 10mm hex drive bolts.
Many thanks for that, will be doing so at the weekend.

Just to confirm that sometimes it starts no problem and others it takes about 4-5 goes before it fires up. Can a sensor act up in this way?

Finally, where would be the best place to get the sensor? Is it only available via main dealer or can I get it through an independent?

Thanks to all again.

Ken.
Any idea's on the above guys?

Thanks again.
Renault Scenic Starting Problems - HELP! - Peter D
Try Eurocarparts.co.uk