60/40 split rear seats - BogStandard
I have a right hand drive Seat Ibiza, but noticed that the 60/40 split in the rear seat means the single seat is behind the passenger (on the left). Consequently, if I need to put anything big in the back, I need to fold down the portion behind the driver's seat, and to move the driver's seat forward more than is comfortable for me. As a matter of interest, do any UK spec cars have the larger portion behind the passenger? And as a further point of interest, which side are the indicator controls on in such cars? (Mine are on the left.)
60/40 split rear seats - BazzaBear {P}
On my Alfa 145 the 60 portion is behind the passenger. The indicator stalk is on the left. Not sure there's going to be any correlation, as far as I'm aware it's just with Japanese cars that you see the stalk on the right.
60/40 split rear seats - just a bloke
My punto has the larger split on the passenger side..

:o I don't recall which side the stalk is, co sI just use it without thinking.... left I think..

Mrs Jabs 147 has the larger split behind the pasenger side as well.
60/40 split rear seats - SjB {P}
From memory, my 2003 V70 has the 60 portion behind the passenger.

However, Volvo kindly allow:

1) The 60, 40, or both portions of the tipped vertically rear seat squabs to be lifted out at the press of two simple catches each.

2) The passenger seat to be folded forwards, flat, at the press of a simple button at the backrest base.

The result is a flat load area the length of the entire passenger cabin on the left hand side of the car, and up to wherever the driver's back rest is on the right hand side.
60/40 split rear seats - Mad Maxy
VW Golf MkIV and current Audi A4 estate - 40% behind passenger. I suspect that's the VW Group way. Works best for LHD cars but we Brits are dumb enough to put the driver on the wrong side...
60/40 split rear seats - Mark (RLBS)
V. Omega has the 60 behind the passenger & the front seat also fold flat forward.