Roof bars - number67
I used to have a set of Thule roof bars to fit my Seat Ibiza. (Still have the bars but not the car!). They used the 'proper' anchor points on the roof - under the black plastic slide thingies. They were quick to take on and off - didn't mark the roof and felt secure.

I now have a Leon - so ordered myself a set of Thule roof bars over the net. Went to put them on last night and got cold feet... I didn't like these points;

1. they don't fit in the 'proper' place.
2. You have to peel back the rubbers from the bodywork, then
3. You have to force in the foot of the bars - it's slightly rubberised metal - but I was sure I'd scratch the car.

So they're going back - credit to the internet site they've said fine send 'em back.

Consequently I oredred a Seat set - cost lots more! but if I can fit without scratching or mmessing up my door seals I'll be happier.
Roof bars - No Do$h
Hate to tell you this, but when you get the SEAT ones you are going to get a distinct feeling of Deja-vu. IIRC, Thule are OE manufacturers for VAG and the bars you will get at much greater expense will be all but identical.

Where Thule don't make the OE kit, they assess the OE design and compare it with their own engineers' ideas on how they should be installed for maximum safety when carrying loads. I'd trust Thule any day of the week as all they do is load-carrying solutions.
Roof bars - number67
The Seat ones are completely different and fit to the allocated points on the roof, rather than to the edge of the roof behind the door seals.

The first Thule set (different car) were very good though!

Going away Thursday night, so hope they're right.
Roof bars - No Do$h
Oooh! <--- Expression of surprise

Thule's own website used to confirm they were OE manufacturers for VAG. Now it simply says they work closely with them.

Muchos grovellos for the duff info.

ND