Laguna 1 Philips Radio/Cassette - stagman
Hi

Any car audio experts out there? for some three years I've been using a Sony cd unit, having taken out the standard factory fitted Philips radio cassette. As I'm now selling the car I've just refitted the factory fit unit which was working fine when removed, but guess what It won't work now. I have the code ready but the remote digital dash display in top centre of dasboard is not working to see the codes, the radio appears to power up with a slight noise at the speakers when pressing the power on button.

Is it likely to be the radio or the remote unit? The remote unit has always displayed the time clock & outside temp and still is. I've refitted all the plug/terminal blocks, checked fuses etc.

Anyone know of common faults?

Car is Renault Laguna 1998 S reg faclift model fiited with steering coloumn remote.

Thanks
Laguna 1 Philips Radio/Cassette - Civic8
check to make sure the connector is fully at home on the back of radio as if not they do lose the display for the code.as you have the other display I can only think that is the prob.
Laguna 1 Philips Radio/Cassette - elekie&a/c doctor
The Sony radio/cd that has been removed probably only used 2 of the iso/din connectors.The original Philips radio/cass needs a third connector for satellite stalk operation.Check radio aperture for the other multipin connector.
Laguna 1 Philips Radio/Cassette - Ivor E Tower
I second that - I have an "S"-reg Scenic also with Philips head unit and remote display as standard but soon removed. When I refitted the original unit last year everything worked OK, just entered the code and it switched on fine. Keep trying those connectors for a good fit on all terminals. Know anyone else with a Laguna you can test it with?