93 Fiesta Mk3 cylinder head gasket - jumper
Just purchased a new cylinder head gasket for a 1.1 fiesta. The water gallary holes are only about 3.5mm compared to the holes in the block and head which are measured in centimeters. The old gasket is similar to the new one. Should the holes be larger or is this normal.
93 Fiesta Mk3 cylinder head gasket - Civic8
Yes it is normal and wont affect water flow.why are you replacing gasket?
Yes, water coming from exhaust when engine is warm but little evidence of water loss from expansion tank. head looks fine as did the old gasket.
natural reaction of gases in exhaust ie nitrogen and oxygen make water no need to change H/gasket.Think I got that right.
if that is only what you see and no other problems it is perfectly ok.
Couldn't agree more but garage failed the car MOT on emissions stating that they could not test it for emisions due to steam/water vapor from exhaust, I didn't think it was that bad but you can't argue with the garage doing the MOT.
93 Fiesta Mk3 cylinder head gasket - Ford Dagenham
Hi

I suggest the car has an italien tune before the mot

Water in the exhause tells me that the car hasnt been run much may have a rust exhaust also

Give the car a good run and it will pass

(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
Hi Martin
Its my daughters car, short journey machine so you might be right I'll take it for a good run before I do a retest. Opens up another thread though, if your cars MOT has expired or previously failed an MOT you are only supposed to drive directly to the test station, this rule does not allow you to take the car for a run prior to the MOT. Thank you both for your input.
Sorry Jumper your point wasnt made in first post.1 has the MOT expired.2 if MOT has not and you doing it before it runs out you can take it for a run before MOT...I gather from what you said it has.try giving car up to 3.5/4k revs in each gear even if it means staying in say second gear.for a while it wont hurt it but will blow cobwebbs out.?.and you may have had to pick up motor from a different place after repairs ie from someone you know further away ;)
Sorry yes your right should have mentioned it. Yes MOT now expired and to add insult to injury tax just run out also So statuary off road notice in force till I get it sorted, nightmare. As you say, once rebuilt will take to a garage for an MOT a few miles away to give it a chance to blow the cobwebs out and get the engine hot. Thanks for the advice.