Nissan Primera 1.6Si 97 Combustion Gases - PrimeraOwner
At the front of the engine there is some smoke/vapour coming out the combustion gas monitor.
I frequently spray the engine compartment with WD40 to keap it clean, perhaps it is just burning off deposited WD-40.
Would this affect the MOT combustion gas check? I think this is where it is measured.
The ezhaust emissions seem clean, I taped a white piece of cloth over the tailpipe and it came off clean. There appear to be no leaks in the exhaust system.
Nissan Primera 1.6Si 97 Combustion Gases - Dynamic Dave
Would this affect the MOT combustion gas check? I think this
is where it is measured.

The exhaust emmissions are measured at the end of the exhaust, where your taped the piece of cloth.
Nissan Primera 1.6Si 97 Combustion Gases - Aprilia
Yes, WD40 burning off.

Why spray with WD40 - what's the point. It dries sticky and will attract dirt. Primera engines are usually very clean (they don't weep oil). WD40 is highly flammable you know!
Yes, WD40 burning off.
Why spray with WD40 - what's the point.

Godd question to which I don't have a good answer. Futile attempt to keep damp out the engine compartment while it was off the road.
I clenaed out the engine compartment with water and detergent and it is now clean and relatively wd-40 free.
Oh good, it seems to be exhausting clean if a little wet but there is probably quite a bit of damp in the exhaust as it hasn't been started for months due to battery failure. I completed the engine oil change and coolant change today. This is the first service I have done on a car.

There is some coolant burning off from doing the coolant flush it was not possible to catch much of the old coolant from the cylinder block due to position of the drain plug. IT's not going to the exhaust though.