Bodywork repair/respray query - Dan
Hi all,
After adding another nice little dink to my car bodywork courtesy of a Scottish fence post with Klingon cloaking device l have decided to get that and all the other stone chips and scratches and some older minor damage fixed.
My query is double prong-like:

1)Can anyone recommend a Norfolk car body shop that does: stone chip and scratch, superficial rust and small dent repairs.

2)If l decide to get the car resprayed (like completely) for whatever reason l need another recommendation if relevant and l would also like to know how this will affect the future rust resistance of the bodywork.
i.e. Is a thirdparty strip and respray of reasonable quality as good as the full manufacturing treatment as far as anti-corrosion goes? I don't want to spend x pounds getting my car done in a nice metallic pink colour only to find it rusting like an old fiesta 12 months later.

Any responses would be lovely,
Dan
Re: Bodywork repair/respray query - Simon Saxton

Hi Dan,

I have just been looking in Yellow Pages for Lincs. & found one or two new
scratch/chip,ding repairers.Should be similar for Norfolk,if you want to vet them for workmanship try phoning a couple of franchised dealerships service advisers, they generally know.
It is my opinion that a full respray from a quality bodyshop(I mean top quality) will/can match that of the original factory. Concours resprays that cost serious
money. If you go for anything less, the quality will be reflected in the amount that you spend.
By the way, beware of the current waterbased clear over base finish, it is unquestionably poor quality on current cars.

Simon