Mercedes C Class Discount Offers - Motorwayman
Hello

I'm not certain, but I think the new 'C' Class Merc is on sale.

If true, what sort of discount should i expect on the earlier version?
I'm looking for a new/ish 180k Elegance SE model.

A guy was advertising has 11 month old, one ownner, 180k elegance SE, obsidian black for 19k - 3500mls on the clock, one ownner - he is prepared to settle for 17k - I will have to buy new road tax, and not sure how much the first service is. Is this a good deal? Should I wait another couple of months as the new C class has lots of new toys as standard, looks a bit better and revamp interior ans suspension. therefore I should get good discount.

All help appreciated.

Thanks

MM
Mercedes C Class Discount Offers - daryld
Before the new model was announced you would expect around a 9.5% discount on a new UK-supplied C-Class (I did). Of course the M-B dealership will not officially talk about discounts: they are trained to get the more money out of you so agree a discounted price by phone before you go to the M-B dealership and do not budge whatever they say.

With the new model due they will probably keep the price of the olde version the same but include extras at no extra charge as they approach the change-over date. With this in mind you should ensure that you are not out of pocket if they change the vehicle spec after you have ordered it: makes this a condition in the terms of sale (i.e. if Bi-Xenon headlights are now free, then you car should get them fitted, etc).

Note that a local M-B stealer has had the same two C-Classes sitting in the showroom for over 5 months, and they are still there! So demand seems to be low-and therefore so should the price you pay.

Thanks daryld

today i phoned a local dealer in kent - the 180k elegance SE was offered to me for 21137 pounds a 2400 saving. This is a MB incentive. I feel i could get a bit more off if I went down the show room. I've not seen it advertised - but funnily it ties in with the approx 10% you talked about.

the new c class is to launch in May - similar pricing to existing he said, poss slighlty different badging.

btw, the car price quoted was for a non leather car. in this range i think you can get away with it.

thanks, i will wait up until May unless i get what i consider to be a good offer.

mm
Mercedes C Class Discount Offers - daryld
Motorwayman,

Check out: www.drivethedeal.com/price.asp

Note that the M-B salesman is misleading you: he needs to shift the old C-CLass stock; the Bremen plant is churning out current RHD C-Class saloons when they were originally only doing LHD; South African M-B plant retooling for new C-CLass RHD saloon model right now. RHD estates still built in Bremen.

Bottom Line: There is a glut of current model C-Classes. Push for a *REALLY* good deal. Make a silly offer for a current C-Class-go for 13%-walk away if you get any fluff from the salesman. Note that M-B London branches were offering free leather on C-Classes back in January.

I expect the new model to be around 3% dearer than current RRP: and no hope of a discount until autumn.

Good Luck!
Mercedes C Class Discount Offers - Aprilia
There seems to be over-supply of C-class both new and s/hand.

Watch out for residuals - they are not as solid as MB's of old.
Mercedes C Class Discount Offers - NARU
Broadspeed are showing 180k elegance SE at 20385. UK dealer supplied.
Mercedes C Class Discount Offers - Cardew
Motorpoint have a few C class new and second hand incl several 180ks.
Mercedes C Class Discount Offers - Hull4000
drivethedeal has the new 180k elegance SE for £20,827. For the old model it is £19,490.50 - £3659.50 off!
thanks guys!! I will keep close eye on the markets, looks promising. your advice here will be used when I an offer to a mb dealer and then walk away. i'm not looking to p/e.

thanks once again gents!
Mercedes C Class Discount Offers - DavidHM
At those prices, I would go straight to drivethedeal.com, who have an excellent reputation, have been selling cars for longer than most MB dealers, given the recent shake up, especially as you don't need to p/x.

Having only read one review of the new model, I'd say it has to be worth the extra grand as apparenrtly it's much improved.
Mercedes C Class Discount Offers - Aprilia
Notice in my Makro mail that they have C-Class 200 Avantagarde for £15500k+VAT or thereabouts. These are delivery mileage but on 53 plates - presumably cars that MB registered but couldn't shift.