Mondeo TDCi front suspension - cheddar
Impressed by the response to the TDCi cooling thread so I thought I would try you guys with this one.
My May 2002 Ghia X TDCi, now 70k miles, exhibits a low speed clonk and high speed low frequency vibration from the area of the osf suspension, this has been apparent since approx 5k miles though the Ford dealers have not been able to get to the bottom of it. Lower wishbones were changed early on to no avail, it has just very slowly got worse over time.

Any thoughts?

Regards.
Mondeo TDCi front suspension - bikemade3
Best to have a look at the anti roll bar link which connects the ARB to the shock body as the eyeends wear. This will give the described symptoms and low speed clunking whilst either turning or going over uneven surfaces.These are a common item prone to wear as are lower wishbone bushes.

About £25 for the part from a Ford dealer easy enough to change yourself if you have access to a set of stands and a workshop hyd jack as they are held on at each end by 1 bolt.You need to have the car on the axle stands then jack the affected wishbone to take the tension off the link this makes changing it easier.
Mondeo TDCi front suspension - NitroBurner
Agree with bikemade. Had a similar problem on a car a few yrs ago. Replaced the ARB link. Problem solved.

Hope it's a simple as that n gonna try Cif/Jif out this week...
Mondeo TDCi front suspension - Wales Forester
Can you feel this clunk positively through the steering wheel?

My new shape Mondeo needed a new steering column under warranty at 12000 miles to irradicate a similar sounding clunk which was originally thought to be suspension/steering related.

PP
Mondeo TDCi front suspension - cheddar
Hi, Did have a clonk through the steering particularly on left hand lock that was sorted and has not come back, the problem is an audible clonk that you can feel through the floor/brake/accelerator.

Regards.